Spooky Halloween Blood Punch
Bloody Hand Halloween Punch (Non-Alcoholic)
How to Make a Spooky Red Halloween Punch with Floating Hands
This spooky Halloween blood punch is equal parts tasty and terrifying! A sweet yet scary red punch made with a bloody blend of 100% fruit juices and no added sugars. Served in a punch bowl with a few hand-shaped ice cubes, you’ve got a deliciously disturbing drink that’ll have party guests screaming! Learn how to make a bloody hand Halloween punch – including how to make it glow.
What could be spookier than a bowl of blood with some disembodied ice hands floating at the surface? How about a bowl of Halloween blood PUNCH with a ladle for serving and drinking! Seriously, this is the creepiest, spookiest Halloween punch I’ve ever prepared, and I couldn’t be happier with how it turned out. It’s the perfect Halloween party punch and a sweet yet healthy Halloween treat!
Not only is it festive and scary, but it’s also so simple to make—and you can even make it glow in the dark. With the help of a blacklight and some tonic water, you can make fluorescent floating ice hands! Tonic water contains quinine, a compound that naturally glows under a blacklight. Use it to make your hand ice cubes and take this spooky Halloween punch to the next level.
Halloween Blood Punch Ingredients
Red Grape Juice
Food Safe Gloves
- Fruit Juices: Really, you can make this red Halloween punch with any combination of reddish juices that you enjoy! If you’re not a fan of one of the juices I’ve used, simply replace it with more of another juice that you do enjoy. (I.e., replace the cranberry with additional red grape juice or apple juice.)
- Gloves: I used vinyl food safe gloves, but any variety of food safe gloves that you can find will work. The gloves are the key to making your floating hand ice cubes, so you’ll need them to create the maximum spooky effect!
- Tonic Water: If you want your floating ice hands to glow under a blacklight, you’ll need to use some type of tonic water—either regular or diet. However, if you don’t plan to serve this bloody hand Halloween punch under a blacklight, you can make your hand ice cubes with regular water instead.
How do you make a glowing punch for Halloween?
The key to making glow in the dark drinks for Halloween is using tonic water. Tonic water is a sweetened carbonated beverage that contains quinine—a naturally occurring chemical from the bark of a cinchona tree. Under a blacklight, the quinine in regular or diet tonic water will glow fluorescent blue!
Alternatively, you can add tonic water straight into your bloody punch, but you’d need to use a lot for the glow to come through the darker red juices. (At least half of the mixture should be tonic water.) Instead, I recommend making tonic water ice cubes—specifically hand-shaped ice cubes! The frozen tonic water will emit a spooky blue glow in your punch bowl when it’s underneath a blacklight.
How to Make a Bloody Hand Halloween Punch
This spooky Halloween blood punch has 3 possible components: the punch itself, the hand ice cubes, and the glow effect under a blacklight. You can streamline the process, so you’ve got just a simple, bloody bowl of red Halloween punch. Or, you can go all the way and truly terrify and impress your party guests!
Freeze Hand Ice Cubes
To serve your red Halloween punch with floating hands, start by freezing your hand ice cubes ahead of time. Simply fill food safe gloves with regular or tonic water, tie them off like water balloons, and place them on a flat tray in the freezer for 4 hours. If you want the hands to glow under a blacklight, be sure to fill them with tonic water instead of regular water!
Prep & Chill Halloween Blood Punch
With your ice hands solidifying in the freezer, you can combine your red fruit juices and water in a large pitcher. Be sure to stir well, then chill for an hour or more in the fridge before serving in your desired punch bowl.
Add Frozen Hands to Punch
Once frozen, remove the tray of gloves from the freezer. To help loosen the glove from the ice inside it, wipe the outside with a warm wet paper towel. Then, cut away the knot at the top, peel off the rest of the glove material, and add the ice hands into your punch bowl. To see your tonic water ice hands glow, turn off the lights and serve this bloody hand Halloween punch under a blacklight!
For more Halloween punch ideas, try these recipes:
To see how this bloody hand Halloween punch is made, watch my Glow-in-the-Dark Halloween Drinks video!
And, for more healthy Halloween ideas and holiday recipes, check out my 150+ Healthy Holiday Recipes eBook.
Spooky Halloween Blood Punch
Red Halloween Punch
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1 cup apple juice
- 1 cup cranberry juice
- 1 cup red grape juice
- 4 cups water
Glowing Ice Hands
- 3-4 food safe gloves, (I used vinyl gloves)
- 5-6 cups tonic water, (regular or diet)
- glow in the dark witch fingers, (optional)
Freeze Hand Ice Cubes
- Open tonic water and allow the carbonation to settle for a few minutes.
- Pour tonic water into food safe gloves, leaving enough space to tie a knot.
- Add filled and tied gloves to a flat tray and freeze 4 hours or overnight, until solid.
Prep & Chill Punch
- Add all punch ingredients into a large pitcher or container, stirring to combine.
- Chill for at least 1 hour in the fridge.
- Add chilled punch into a serving bowl.
- Remove frozen gloves from freezer. Wipe each frozen glove with a hot wet paper towel to help loosen the glove from the ice inside.
- Cut away knot at top of glove, then continue to cut and peel the rest of the glove away from the ice hand.
- Add ice hands into bowl with chilled red punch (with glow-in-the-dark witch fingers, if desired).
- Serve under a blacklight to make the ice hands glow!