Radioactive Orange Halloween Punch
4-Ingredient Orange Halloween Punch (Non-Alcoholic)
How to Make an Easy Halloween Punch for Kids (or Adults)!
This radioactive orange Halloween punch is the perfect sweet, spooky drink for kids or adults—especially when it’s served in green slime-coated glasses! For even more radioactive flair, add tonic water ice cubes and watch them glow under a blacklight. Made with a tasty blend of 100% fruit juices and no added sugars, this 4-ingredient Halloween punch is satisfyingly simple.
The combination of orange, pineapple, and mango juice is sweet and tropical, with some fun fizz from the sparkling water. Initially, I designed this recipe as a non-alcoholic orange Halloween punch for kids—but adults can easily add their favorite alcohol if desired. The beauty of a Halloween themed drink like this is it can be as simple or creative as you like!
For added festive flair, try your hand at decorating your serving glasses. You can make green slime-coated glasses with just melted frosting and some Halloween sprinkles. Then, to make this radioactive orange punch truly glow, I’ll show you how to use tonic water and a blacklight to create impressive glow in the dark drinks! A perfectly sippable, sweet yet healthy Halloween treat.
Orange Halloween Punch Ingredients
Frosting & sprinkles (for serving glasses)
Tonic water ice cubes (optional)
- Fruit Juices: You can really use any fruit juices that you like in this recipe! But, to keep this orange Halloween punch nice and orange, just stick to juices with an orange and/or yellow color. Some options to add or substitute could include carrot juice, apple juice, or even a store-bought or homemade lemonade.
- Sparkling Water: This provides a fun, fizzy base for my radioactive punch—helping to make it both more hydrating and lower in sugar. If you plan to make this Halloween punch for kids and they don’t like the bubbles, you can substitute with regular water instead. Alternatively, you can also substitute with regular or diet tonic water if you want your Halloween party punch to glow under a blacklight!
- Frosting & Sprinkles: The slime-coated serving glasses are optional, but highly recommended! They take about 5 minutes to prepare, but they add so much fun and festive flair. You can use a premade green frosting or get a tub of white frosting and make it green with food coloring.
- Tonic Water Ice: If you plan to serve your orange Halloween punch under a black light, prep some tonic water ice cubes in advance so they’ll glow!
How do you make a glowing punch for Halloween?
The key to making glow in the dark drinks for Halloween is tonic water—regular or diet. Tonic water is a sweet, carbonated drink that contains quinine, a compound that glows fluorescent blue under a blacklight. Regular tonic water contains more sugar, diet tonic water contains no sugar, but both will glow equally well.
For this orange Halloween punch recipe, I decided to make tonic water ice cubes. Served under a blacklight, they give these drinks a spooky radioactive glow! Alternatively, you can also try adding regular or diet tonic water straightinto the punch to make the punch itself glow. Just be aware: at least half of the mixture will need to be tonic water for the glow to come through the orange juices.
How to Make Slime-Coated Serving Glasses
To take your Halloween party to the next level, decorate your drink glasses in green ‘slime’ frosting! Simply melt green frosting in the microwave and dip your serving glasses into it. Coat the entire outer lip of the glass, then add some festive sprinkles while it’s still wet. Let the glasses rest upright for a few minutes to get a natural drip effect, then chill in the fridge to set.
How to Make Orange Halloween Party Punch
To make this orange Halloween punch, simply combine all fruit juices and sparkling water in a large pitcher, then chill for about an hour. Easy as that, you’ve got a sweet, spooky punch ready to serve. For maximum flair, prep festive serving glasses ahead of time—as well as some tonic water ice cubes if you want your drinks to glow under a blacklight!
For more Halloween punch ideas, try these recipes:
To see how this Halloween punch recipe is made, watch my Glow-in-the-Dark Halloween Drinks video!
And, for more healthy Halloween ideas and holiday recipes, check out my 150+ Healthy Holiday Recipes eBook.
Radioactive Orange Halloween Punch
- 2 cups orange juice
- 1 cup pineapple juice
- 1 cup mango juice
- 4 cups sparkling water
- 1 tub green frosting, (or white frosting + food coloring)
- 3-4 Tbsp Halloween sprinkles
- 8 serving glasses
Glowing Ice Cubes (Optional)
- 2-3 cups tonic water, (regular or diet)
- 1-2 ice cube trays
Freeze Tonic Ice Cubes (Optional)
- At least a few hours before serving your punch, pour tonic water into ice cube trays. (I recommend filling enough trays for 2-3 tonic ice cubes per drink.)
- Freeze ice cubes for 3-4 hours, until set.
Decorate Serving Glasses
- Transfer green frosting into a heat-safe dish. Microwave for 30-40 seconds, until melted and liquid-y.
- Dip the lip of each serving glass into the green frosting, turning the glass to coat all the way around the outer edge. (Try not to get too much frosting inside of the glass.)
- If desired, add Halloween sprinkles while the frosting is still wet. Let glasses stand upright for a moment to give frosting a natural drip shape.
- Transfer glasses to the fridge to set.