Fresh Strawberry Lemonade
The absolute BEST strawberry lemonade recipe using fresh strawberries and fresh squeezed lemonade (or store-bought lemonade)! Deliciously sweet, with a satisfying tartness, and a gorgeous pink color that’s all-natural. The ultimate refreshing summer drink! Learn how to make strawberry lemonade with strawberry puree in a blender.
This is a true pink lemonade recipe, made with real fruit and no artificial ingredients—unlike some store-bought options that use flavored syrups or artificial dyes. You can whip up this recipe using just fresh lemon juice, simple syrup or sugar, and real strawberries! Or, make things even more convenient by using a premade store-bought lemonade.
Personally, I’m sipping homemade lemonade all summer long, so that’s what I used in this recipe. It’s not only easy to make, but it’s also THE tastiest lemonade I’ve ever had. Plus, you can make it with homemade cane sugar simple syrup, or my low sugar or sugar free simple syrup if desired. Once your lemonade is ready to go, simply combine it with strawberry puree to make strawberry lemonade at home!
Is drinking strawberry lemonade good for you?
With any food or beverage, what’s “good for you” is subjective. Above all, I love how good I feel sipping this sweet, tangy pink lemonade! Nutritionally, lemonade with strawberries is rich in immune-supporting vitamin C and loads of other free radical-fighting antioxidants. Plus, making homemade lemonade lets you control the sugar content. Ultimately, only you can know and decide what’s good for you!
What is the flavor of pink lemonade?
Most store-bought varieties of pink lemonade use 1 or more pink fruit juices, like raspberry, cranberry, grape juice, and sometimes strawberry juice. But, some also use artificial flavors and add food dye for color. This homemade recipe offers an all-natural pink lemonade alternative—made with real fruit and no artificial flavors or colors!
How does strawberry lemonade taste?
Combine the bright, sour flavor of lemons with the sweet, juicy, tang of strawberries, and you’ve got strawberry lemonade! Honestly, this is my favorite fruit lemonade flavor I’ve ever made—the flavors are perfectly balanced. The tasty tartness of classic lemonade plus the fruity sweetness of strawberries. It’s a total treat to sip on!
Homemade Strawberry Lemonade Ingredients
- Fresh Strawberries. Take advantage of strawberry season from May to July and use ripe, fresh strawberries in this recipe! After macerating, they’ll become even sweeter and more flavorful. You can also make lemonade with frozen strawberries as long as you thaw them first.
- Granulated Sugar. Macerating strawberries in sugar is optional, but highly recommended! It adds a negligible amount of added sugar to the recipe, but a whole lot of extra flavor and satisfying sweetness.
- Homemade Lemonade. If you’re like me and keep homemade lemonade stocked in the fridge during summer, switch things up by making a fresh strawberry lemonade for your next batch! Or, for maximum convenience and minimum effort, grab a pitcher of store-bought lemonade to whip up this recipe in a flash.
Can I make lemonade with frozen strawberries?
Yes, you can make strawberry lemonade with frozen strawberries. But, it’s important to thaw your frozen strawberries first, so they soften up and are no longer icy. Otherwise, you’ll end up with a strawberry smoothie instead of a strawberry puree! The easiest method is to just keep frozen fruit in its package and transfer it to the fridge to thaw for 6-8 hours.
What is in Starbucks strawberry lemonade?
Despite its name, the Starbucks Strawberry Acai Lemonade is more like a grape juice lemonade with freeze-dried strawberries mixed in. It’s made from a flavored white grape juice mixture—called their Acai Base—combined with lemonade. For a true strawberry lemonade drink, try this easy 3-ingredient recipe instead! (Or check out my DIY Starbucks Very Berry Hibiscus Lemonade recipe!)
For more fruit lemonade ideas:
How to Make Strawberry Puree
First, toss strawberries in sugar and allow them to macerate for at least 30 minutes. This will draw out their sweet juices to add more flavor with minimal sugar! Then, blend macerated strawberries with a bit of lemonade, until your puree is nice and smooth. And finally, strain to remove any pulp and seeds before making lemonade.
How to Make Strawberry Lemonade with Strawberry Puree
- Prep strawberry puree. After macerating strawberries in sugar, blend with 1 cup lemonade for at least 1-2 minutes, until extremely smooth. Strain mixture through a fine-mesh sieve.
- Combine with lemonade. In a pitcher, combine puree with your choice of store-bought or homemade lemonade. Stir to integrate.
- Refrigerate before serving. Allow to chill for at least an hour, then serve over ice.
See how to make lemonade with strawberries in my 4 Fruit Lemonades video!
Homemade Strawberry Lemonade
- 3 cups fresh strawberries, chopped, (or frozen & thawed)
- 3 Tbsp granulated sugar
- 3 cups homemade lemonade, (or store-bought)
- In a bowl, combine strawberries with granulated sugar and toss to coat. Allow to sit and macerate for at least 30-60 minutes, or up to a few hours for a sweeter flavor.
- Add macerated strawberries to blender with 1 cup lemonade.
- Blend until extremely pureed and smooth. Let it go for at least 1-2 minutes to get it as fine as possible.
- Pour mixture through a fine-mesh sieve to remove pulp.
- Add to a pitcher and combine with 2 cups lemonade, stirring to integrate. Chill in the fridge for an hour before serving.
- Serve over ice and enjoy!
- Yields ~6 cups (48oz) strawberry lemonade.
108 calories | 0.2g fat | 27g carbs | 1.5g fiber | 24g sugars | 0.5g protein Nutrition for strawberry lemonade made with my homemade lemonade: Per 1 cup (8oz):
83 calories | 0.2g fat | 21g carbs | 1.5g fiber | 18g sugars | 0.5g protein Nutrition for strawberry lemonade made with my low-sugar lemonade: Per 1 cup (8oz):
68 calories | 0.2g fat | 21g carbs | 1.5g fiber | 14g sugars | 0.5g protein