Try this sweet and easy mango lemonade recipe that you can whip up in minutes! Irresistibly cool, refreshing, and full of tropical flavor—it’s the perfect summer drink. Learn how to make mango lemonade with mango puree and your favorite homemade lemonade, or a store-bought variety. Plus, how to make mango puree in a blender using fresh, ripe mango.
Classic lemonade has a crave-able balance of satisfying sweetness with bright, tart citrus flavor. Combine that with juicy mango puree, and you’ve got a creamy, fragrant, fruity beverage that’s made for hot summer days! No need for super-sweet syrups or artificial flavorings. You can make this mango lemonade recipe with just fresh lemon juice, simple syrup (or sugar), and real mango.
For convenience, you can simply mix store-bought lemonade with mango puree. Or, for an option with less sugar, try my fresh squeezed lemonade recipe using homemade simple syrup (including a low sugar and sugar free option)! Once your lemonade is ready, I’ll show you how to make mango lemonade in a matter of minutes.
What goes well with lemonade?
The citrusy, sweet-yet-tart goodness of lemonade pairs well with loads of sweet fruits! Ripe berries, watermelon, and tropical fruits like mango are all delicious options to try. I love sipping on lemonade all summer long, so it’s fun to change the flavors with a simple fruit puree. This mango lemonade recipe has the classic, tangy lemon flavor I crave, with a creamy, tropical twist!
Do mango and lemon go together?
Yes, the sweet, fragrant flavor of mango pairs beautifully with the bright, tartness of fresh lemon juice. Plus, mango’s buttery texture makes for a lusciously thick and creamy fruit puree—which makes this lemonade even more satisfying to sip!
For more fruity lemonade recipes:
Homemade Mango Lemonade Ingredients
- Fresh Mango. This recipe tastes best when made with fresh and ripe mangoes. My favorite variety is Palmer mangoes because they aren’t stringy or fibrous like other mangoes, which results in a smoother puree. You can also use frozen mango, as long as you let it thaw first.
- Homemade Lemonade. I’m a big fan of fresh squeezed lemonade and there’s always a pitcher in my fridge during summer, so that’s what I use to make mango lemonade. I’ve also made this recipe with store-bought lemonade and it’s totally delicious (and super quick)!
Can I make lemonade with frozen mango?
Yes, you can make this lemonade with frozen mango if desired. However, you’ll need to let the frozen fruit thaw for a bit, so it’s no longer hard and icy. Otherwise, your mango puree will turn out more like a mango smoothie! Personally, I recommend letting frozen fruit thaw in the fridge for 6-8 hours to get it closer to the texture of fresh fruit.
How to Make Mango Puree for Drinks
To make mango puree at home, simply blend fresh mango in a blender until smooth. Since mango has a thick, fibrous texture, it helps to add a splash of liquid. (For this recipe, I blend the fruit with 1 cup of lemonade to make it easier.) Make sure to blend for at least 1-2 minutes to get it as pureed as possible, then strain through a fine mesh sieve to remove any pulp.
How do you make mango juice?
Really, the process for making mango puree in this recipe is similar to making juice! I make mango juice without a juicer by blending fresh mango with water at a 2:1 ratio. In this recipe, I blend the fruit with lemonade at a 2:1 ratio, then strain and combine with additional lemonade.
How to Make Mango Lemonade
- Blend fresh mango with 1 cup lemonade for at least 1-2 minutes, until pureed and smooth.
- Then, strain the mango puree through a fine-mesh sieve to separate the pulp.
- Transfer puree to a pitcher, then combine with additional 2 cups of lemonade.
- Stir to integrate and chill 1 hour before serving!
Watch how to make lemonade with mango in my 4 Fruit Lemonades video!
Homemade Mango Lemonade
- 3 cups fresh mango, chopped, (or frozen & thawed)
- 3 cups fresh squeezed lemonade, (or store-bought)
- Add mango to blender with 1 cup lemonade (and optional sweetener, if desired).
- Blend until extremely pureed and smooth. Let it go for at least 1-2 minutes to get it as fine as possible.
- Pour mixture through a fine-mesh sieve to remove pulp.
- Add to a pitcher and combine with 2 cups lemonade, stirring to integrate. Chill in the fridge for an hour before serving.
- Serve over ice and enjoy!
- Yields ~6 cups (48oz) mango lemonade.
110 calories | 0.3g fat | 27.5g carbs | 1.3g fiber | 25.5g sugars | 0.7g protein Nutrition for mango lemonade made with my homemade lemonade: Per 1 cup (8oz):
84 calories | 0.3g fat | 22g carbs | 1.3g fiber | 20g sugars | 0.7g protein Nutrition for mango lemonade made with my low-sugar lemonade: Per 1 cup (8oz):
69 calories | 0.3g fat | 22g carbs | 1.3g fiber | 16g sugars | 0.7g protein