Cheesy Chicken Bacon Cheddar Dip (Keto Friendly)
Chicken Bacon Cheddar Cream Cheese Dip
How to Make Crack Chicken Dip with Bacon, Cheddar, Cream Cheese & Sour Cream
This baked chicken bacon cheddar dip is irresistibly cheesy, creamy, and keto friendly! Loaded with nourishing fats and savory flavor, it’s the best bacon cream cheese dip to serve on game day—or any day. Best enjoyed with tortilla chips, carrot and celery sticks, or your favorite dippers! Learn how to make crack chicken dip with bacon, cream cheese, sour cream, and cheddar cheese.
What better way to make the BEST game day dip than to put all of the most delicious foods into the same dish and bake it? This chicken bacon cheddar dip does just that. A rich, creamy base made of sour cream and softened cream cheese, loaded with bacon bits and shredded chicken. Plus, topped with a generous helping of cheddar cheese and baked to bubbly perfection!
Crave-ably cheesy, flavorful, and keto friendly—this keto crack chicken dip is truly irresistible. Take it to the next level by adding some ranch seasoning, and you’ve got a chicken bacon ranch dip recipe! Delectable served warm, but also surprisingly yummy served cold as well. If, somehow, you don’t eat it all, this bacon cream cheese dip will make for great leftovers!
What is crack chicken dip made of?
This crack chicken dip features a whole team of crave-able ingredients: sour cream, cream cheese, shredded chicken, savory bacon bits, green onion, and loads of cheddar cheese. Add a ranch seasoning packet for added game day flair. Not only is it irresistibly delicious, but all of those low carb high fat ingredients also make this a keto crack chicken dip recipe!
Chicken Bacon Cheddar Dip Ingredients
- Bacon Bits: These are optional, but make a huge impact with their rich, savory flavor! Plus, they add a hearty dose of fats to this keto friendly dip. Learn how to make bacon bits at home in minutes using frozen bacon.
- Shredded Chicken: A comforting and simple source of protein that makes this bacon cream cheese dip heartier and more satisfying! Learn how to make shredded chicken easily and quickly using chicken breast or thighs.
- Sour Cream: An essential, creamy base ingredient for this game day dip! Not only does sour cream create a crave-able texture, it also adds a delicious tangy flavor.
- Cream Cheese: Paired with sour cream, cream cheese makes this bacon cheddar dip lusciously thick, dippable, and spreadable! It’s great served with chips, but also spread onto toast or crackers.
- Cheddar Cheese: The cheddar is a must in this recipe—both mixed into the dip and sprinkled on top! After baking, your crack chicken dip will be nestled under a crave-able layer of melty cheese.
- Green Onion: An optional but refreshing mix-in that adds some refreshing ranch-like flavor!
- Seasonings: I keep the seasonings simple with garlic powder, mustard powder, and green onion. Or, you can make this a chicken bacon ranch dip by adding a packet of ranch seasoning! For another flavor twist with a kick, try my Keto Buffalo Chicken Dip.
How to Make Bacon Cheddar Cream Cheese Dip
Making this chicken bacon cheddar dip is deliciously simple, though it requires a few steps to get all of the necessary ingredients prepared. But, once they’re ready, you can have the dip itself baked in just 30 minutes! If you plan to make this for a party or gathering, I recommend cooking your shredded chicken and bacon bits ahead of time.
Cook Bacon Bits & Shred Chicken
- Cook homemade bacon bits to your desired crispiness. Set aside, or store until the day you plan to prep the dip.
- Prepare shredded chicken. First, boil chicken breast or thighs, then shred using a hand mixer or with 2 forks. Set aside or store in an airtight container in the fridge.
Assemble Crack Chicken Dip with Cream Cheese & Sour Cream
- Combine all dip ingredients in a large bowl. Mix together sour cream, cream cheese, half of the cheddar, the shredded chicken, bacon bits, green onion, and seasonings. (Reserve the other half of the cheese + a few tablespoons of bacon bits.) Now is the time to add ranch seasoning if you want to make a bacon cheddar ranch dip!
- Transfer dip to a baking dish. Top with remaining cheddar cheese.
Bake and Serve Warm
- Bake at 400°F (200°C) for 25-30 minutes, until hot and bubbly.
- Serve warm, topped with bacon bits and green onion. Enjoy with chips or your favorite dippers!
- Cover dish with plastic or with a lid and store in the fridge. Will last 5-7 days in the fridge.
- Reheat leftovers or enjoy cold!
What goes good with cheesy chicken dip?
Serve this bacon cheddar dip with your favorite dippers, or as a cheesy spread on any vessel you like! Here are a few dipper & serving ideas to try:
- with carrot or celery sticks
- air fryer tortilla chips
- homemade bagel chips
- homemade quinoa crackers
- almond flour crackers
- spread on toast
- spread on a sandwich
- as a grilled cheese
See how to make this cheesy chicken bacon dip in my Super Bowl Party Food video!
Baked Chicken Bacon Cheddar Dip
- 10 oz frozen bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 16 oz shredded chicken, breast or thighs
- 16 oz sour cream
- 8 oz cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp mustard powder
- 4-6 green onions, finely chopped
- 1 packet ranch seasoning, (optional)
- blue or yellow corn chips
- tortilla chips
- carrot sticks
Cook Bacon Bits & Shredded Chicken
- Chop and cook frozen bacon to make bacon bits. Set aside.
- Cook and shred chicken as desired.
Prepare & Bake Cream Cheese Dip
- Preheat oven to 400°F (200°C).
- In a large bowl, combine all ingredients—reserving half of the cheddar cheese and a few tablespoons of crumbled bacon.
- Transfer mixture to a greased baking dish. (I used a round 8-inch baking dish.) Add remaining cheddar cheese on top.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes until hot and bubbly.
- Serve topped with remaining bacon bits and some chopped green onion. Enjoy with your favorite dippers!