Homemade Quinoa Crackers Recipe | Vegan & Gluten Free
Easy Homemade Quinoa Crackers –4 Ingredient Gluten Free Crackers Recipe!
Crunchy, clean, and deliciously easy to make—these homemade quinoa crackers can’t be beat! And, you only need TWO main ingredients: quinoa flour and coconut oil. (Plus, some water and any seasonings you like.) So easy!
No artificial additives or sneaky sugars like you’ll find in store-bought crackers, just clean, fuel-filled ingredients. But, still perfectly crunchy and just as tasty as any cracker you ever did eat. Plus, this homemade quinoa crackers recipe is totally gluten free, nut free, and VEGAN!
Simple Swap for Fuel-Filled Gluten Free Crackers
Let’s be real, the main issue with traditional crackers isn’t really the gluten. Actually, it’s the nutrient-lacking refined flour that’s used to make them! During the refining process, refined grains are stripped of all the healthy parts of a whole grain—the fiber, vitamins, and minerals.
Instead, these homemade quinoa crackers are naturally whole grain thanks to the quinoa! More specifically, the quinoa flour, which is just quinoa ground into a fine flour texture. Quinoa flour is more dense than traditional wheat flour, so it gives your crackers some serious crunch.
And, since quinoa is one of the most protein-rich grains, you even get some wholesome protein munching on these homemade quinoa crackers! Plus, quinoa is loaded with dietary fiber, along with essential micronutrients like manganese, magnesium, folate, and even iron.
Such an easy healthy snack that can help even the pickiest eaters fit more nutrition into their day. These homemade quinoa crackers are scrumptious all on their own, but they’re also the perfect, sturdy dippers. Serve with hummus, guacamole, or whatever you like!
Homemade Quinoa Crackers
- 1 cup quinoa flour
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- ⅓ cup warm water + 3-4 Tbsp more, if needed
- 2 Tbsp coconut oil, melted
- salt flakes/grinder for topping
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C).
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together quinoa flour, salt, and desired seasonings.
- Create a well in the center of the mixture and add water and coconut oil. Mix with a wooden spoon to form a dough.
- Knead with your hands until pliable.
- Roll out dough between parchment paper until ~⅛” thick (or thinner). Cut into 1-inch squares/rectangles.
- Transfer to a parchment-lined baking sheet with space in between each rectangle/square. Poke holes in each cracker with a fork or skewer. (This will allow for steam to escape and prevent the crackers from rising too much.) Spray with cooking spray and sprinkle coarse sea salt or salt flakes on top.
- Bake 10-12 minutes, until golden brown and crisp. Allow to cool before eating. (They will crisp up more as they cool!)
- Serve and enjoy!
- Yields ~75 homemade quinoa crackers.