Keto Buffalo Chicken Dip
This keto buffalo chicken dip recipe is the perfect appetizer or snack for your next game day party or get-together!
Not only is it low carb, but it’s also easy to make and tastes amazing. A deliciously cheesy, creamy dip that’s packed with nourishing fats and only 1g net carbs per serving. I’ll show you how to make buffalo chicken dip with canned chicken, cream cheese, sour cream, and cheddar in just 20 minutes. Perfect served with your favorite dippers—or devoured with a spoon!
Personally, I like to eat this low carb buffalo chicken dip with celery and carrots for a keto snack. But my favorite pairing is with crispy tortilla chips! It’s almost like a richer, creamier nacho dip, but with a zesty kick of buffalo and a tangy bite of blue cheese. Honestly, this dip is worth giving a whirl whether you’re eating low carb or not!
Is buffalo chicken dip keto friendly?
Generally, yes—the average buffalo chicken dip tends to be low in carbs keto friendly! Most recipes consist of a cream cheese base, combined with buffalo sauce, cheddar cheese, and blue cheese or ranch dressing. For this recipe, I’ve just replaced the ranch with sour cream for added richness, and used real blue cheese for added flavor!
Is buffalo sauce keto friendly?
Yes, buffalo sauce is an excellent keto friendly condiment! In most cases, buffalo sauce is just a combination of vinegar, peppers, and spices—like a hot sauce. There’s no added sugars and no carbohydrates, just a whole lot of zesty flavor. In this recipe, I used Noble Made’s medium buffalo sauce, which is also paleo and whole30 approved!
Buffalo Chicken Dip Ingredients
- Canned chicken. Canned chicken is a perfect choice for a dip like this. It’s so easy and is already pre-shredded, so all you have to do is pop open the can, drain, and you’re good to go!
- Cream cheese. Creamy, delicious, and keto friendly, cream cheese is possibly the most important ingredient in this recipe! It helps bind it all together, and it adds so much flavor.
- Sour cream. The sour cream mixes perfectly with the cream cheese to add a nice pop of fresh acidity to an otherwise very rich dish.
- Buffalo sauce. Of course, you can’t have a buffalo chicken dip without the buffalo sauce! Again, I used Noble Made’s medium buffalo sauce, which is also paleo and whole30 approved.
- Shredded cheddar cheese. The perfect finishing touch, the sharpness of the cheddar really complements the creaminess of the other ingredients.
How to make Keto Buffalo Chicken Dip
This dip takes less than 20 minutes to make, and I think you will be SHOCKED at just how easy it is!
1 Heat Chicken and Buffalo Sauce
Start by heating your chicken and buffalo sauce over medium heat in a pan, cooking for 1-2 minutes, until slightly thickened.
2 Add Cream Cheese and Sour Cream
Stir in cream cheese and sour cream, whisking as necessary. Cook until blended and warm.
3 Mix In Cheddar Cheese
Mix in ⅓ cup cheddar cheese until integrated. I prefer to shred my own cheese for maximum melting and freshness!
4 Transfer to Oven Safe Dish
Transfer your mixture to an oven safe dish and sprinkle the remaining cheddar cheese on top.
Bake 10 minutes in an oven preheated to 375ºF (190ºC). If desired, broil 1-2 minutes at the end to brown cheese on top.
What is the best thing to eat buffalo chicken dip with?
This buffalo wing dip is so versatile that it can be enjoyed with almost anything. Some of my favorite dip pairings include:
- Vegetables: If you want a healthier option that still has a nice crunch, you can pair your dip with veggies such as carrot chips and celery sticks, or even bell pepper strips, cucumber slices and more! However, if you’re not concerned with eating low carb and more concerned with deliciousness you could go with…
- Tortilla chips: Tortilla chips are classic dippers. They have a nice crunch and will hold up well to this thick and creamy chicken dip.
- Crackers: Crackers, such as butter crackers, triscuits, or wheat thins can also be a great choice for dipping, but they may not be as sturdy as some of the other options.
- Toast: You absolutely can’t go wrong by simply spreading your chicken wing dip on a slice of toast, it is SO tasty.
- Serve it as a side: I love to serve this dip as a side, especially with a dish like my garlic parmesan chicken wings for a game-day meal!
What to use for dipping on keto?
As the name implies, this keto buffalo dip is meant for dipping! For low carb and keto dipping options, look to the crunchy veggies mentioned above. Not only will they hold up as sturdy dippers, but they can help balance the zesty buffalo flavor. After baking your dip, serve it warm with tortilla chips, celery sticks, carrot chips, sliced radishes, or raw broccoli florets!
Embrace your Food Freedom
Though I don’t follow a keto diet anymore, exploring a ketogenic lifestyle was an important step on my journey to food freedom. It helped me to stop demonizing certain foods as “bad” and others as “good,” and it allowed me to broaden my perspective. Nowadays, I love to whip up this keto buffalo chicken dip for a satisfyingly cheesy snack just because!
Check out my Keto, Paleo & Vegan Bento Box Lunches video to see how this recipe is made!
Easy Keto Buffalo Chicken Dip
Keto Buffalo Chicken Dip
- 10 oz canned chicken, drained
- 8 oz cream cheese, softened
- ½ cup sour cream
- ⅓ cup buffalo sauce, (I used Noble Made’s Medium Buffalo Sauce)
- ⅔ cup shredded cheddar cheese, divided
Optional Toppings for Serving:
- 3 Tbsp blue cheese
- chopped chives
- celery, carrots, radishes, tortilla chips, crackers, etc.
- Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C).
- Heat chicken and buffalo sauce over medium heat in a pan, cooking for 1-2 minutes, until slightly thickened.
- Stir in cream cheese and sour cream, whisking as necessary. Cook until blended and warm.
- Mix in ⅓ cup cheddar cheese until integrated.
- Transfer mixture to an oven safe dish. Sprinkle remaining cheddar cheese on top.
- Bake 10 minutes. If desired, broil 1-2 minutes at the end to brown cheese on top.
- Garnish with blue cheese and green onions and serve with your favorite dippers. Delicious enjoyed warm or cold!
- Yields ~3 cups dip.
2 Comments on “Keto Buffalo Chicken Dip”
I put this on two pieces of toast and it was (chef’s kiss)
YUM. What a perfect way to enjoy this buffalo chicken dip! It would probably make for a tasty sandwich, too 🙂 thanks for trying out the recipe and sharing your culinary creation with us!