Healthy Pumpkin Pie Smoothie
This healthy pumpkin pie smoothie is full of festive fall comfort! A deliciously creamy breakfast smoothie with pumpkin puree, mango, creamy yogurt, and warm fall spices. It honestly tastes like a sippable slice of pumpkin pie—especially served with a dollop of whipped cream! It’s the perfect fall seasonal breakfast for busy mornings.
Try my Toasted Pecan & Oatmeal Smoothie for a fall-inspired smoothie that tastes like pecan pie!
Can I add pumpkin puree to smoothies?
Though it’s not as common to see pumpkin in smoothie recipes, pumpkin puree is actually a fantastic healthy smoothie ingredient! You can add fall flavor and natural sweetness to fruit smoothies with pumpkin puree. And, pumpkin is a great ingredient to add creaminess to smoothies—much like yogurt! We make pumpkin pie and all sorts of pumpkin desserts, so why not sweet pumpkin smoothies? Since there’s usually an open can of pumpkin puree in my fridge all season long, I love to add it to breakfast smoothies!
Vegan Pumpkin Pie Smoothie Ingredients
- Pumpkin Puree. I prefer to make this smoothie recipe with canned pumpkin puree for convenience—just be sure to use plain pumpkin puree and not canned pumpkin pie mix. Or, you can make your own pureed pumpkin at home. If you want a substitute for pumpkin, try making your smoothie with sweet potato mash or puree instead!
- Frozen Mango. The sweet, tangy, juicy, creaminess of frozen mango makes this fall smoothie taste more like a pumpkin pie milkshake! And it’s a great option for those who prefer breakfast smoothies without banana. Of course, if you don’t like the flavor combination in this pumpkin mango smoothie recipe, feel free to substitute with frozen banana—or try my Pumpkin Chai Smoothie.
- Ice. A few ice cubes can maximize the creaminess in this healthy smoothie, especially when using a nondairy yogurt and milk. Of course, feel free to omit the ice if you don’t feel it’s needed.
- Nondairy Yogurt. To keep your pumpkin pie smoothie vegan and dairy-free, use a nondairy yogurt option like coconut milk yogurt, almond milk yogurt, soy yogurt, etc. If you don’t need it to be vegan, feel free to use any dairy yogurt you want.
- Milk of Choice. Same as the yogurt, use nondairy milk for a vegan smoothie, or dairy milk if preferred.
- Maple Syrup. Add an extra dash of fall flavor and indulgence with a bit of maple syrup! This is an optional addition, but a tasty one. If you make this pumpkin smoothie with mango, it may be sweet enough for you already—so always sweeten to taste. But when fall is in full swing, I do like the added sweetness and comfort of maple syrup!
- Spices. Complete the festive fall flavor profile with a dash of cinnamon and pumpkin pie spice. If you don’t have pumpkin pie spice, you can just use cinnamon—or make your own pumpkin pie spice mix with a few simple spices.
For the Ultimate Fall Breakfast
If this easy pumpkin pie smoothie isn’t festive enough for you on its own, get creative transforming it into your ultimate fall morning treat. I like to serve it like a slice of pumpkin pie: topped with a swirl of whipped cream and a sprinkle of cinnamon. Or, you could even enjoy it as a creamy fall smoothie bowl, loaded up with toppings and served with a spoon!
Healthy Pumpkin Pie Smoothie
- ⅔ cup pumpkin purée
- ½ cup frozen mango
- 8 ice cubes
- ½ cup nondairy yogurt of choice
- ½-1 cup milk of choice
- 1 Tbsp maple syrup, adjust to taste
- ⅛ tsp cinnamon
- ⅛ tsp pumpkin pie spice
- Add all ingredients to a blender and blend until smooth.
- Serve and enjoy!
- Yields 1 pumpkin pie smoothie.