Easy Spaghetti Tacos Recipe
Spaghetti Tacos with Italian Sausage & Crunchy Shell
How to Make Spaghetti Tacos at Home (iCarly Throwback!)
For a weeknight dinner that’s as creative as it is quick-and-easy, give this spaghetti tacos recipe a try!
If you know how to make spaghetti, you already know how to make spaghetti tacos. It’s as simple as cooking spaghetti and Italian sausage, tossing them in your favorite sauce, then loading everything into taco shells and topping with cheese.
Just like any spaghetti dinner, spaghetti tacos are a versatile dinner option that you can customize to your and your family’s preferences. Skip the meat for a vegetarian meal. Add shredded zucchini and carrot into the sauce for a veggie boost. Use bean or lentil noodles for a protein-packed option.
There are so many possibilities!
Best of all, this makes for a fantastically quick weeknight meal that you can throw together in about 20 minutes. Great for family dinners, customizable for picky eaters, and a fun option for feeding a crowd!
You’ve got loads of options for how to make spaghetti tacos and for how to serve them.
I love using hard yellow or blue corn taco shells for some fun crunch, but feel free to use soft corn tortillas or soft flour tortillas instead. (For my fellow iCarly fans out there, go with hard corn taco shells for the authentic spaghetti tacos experience!)
Spaghetti Tacos Ingredients
- Cooked spaghetti
- Red sauce of choice
- Cooked ground Italian sausage
- Hard corn taco shells (or tortillas of choice)
- Shredded mozzarella cheese
- Shaved parmesan cheese
- Chopped parsley
- Spaghetti Noodles: I used a traditional pasta when I made this dinner, but you can use any variety of spaghetti noodles that you like! Go with whole wheat for a whole grain option, or try gluten-free options like brown rice spaghetti, or grain-free options like bean or lentil pastas. Whatever you choose, I just recommend sticking with the spaghetti noodle shape since its less likely to fall out of your tacos!
- Italian Sausage: Similarly, the meat is totally adjustable in this spaghetti tacos recipe. Use whatever ground meat you’ve got on hand—ground turkey, beef, pork, etc. Or, you can replace the meat with a plant-based option like crumbled tofu or beans, or just nix the added protein altogether.
- Taco Shells: As mentioned, I think hard taco shells are the tastiest and most fun option for this recipe! It’s hard to beat the satisfaction of that added crunch around your spaghetti noodles. Of course, any taco shells you prefer will work just as well.
- Mozzarella & Parmesan: These are classic cheeses to pair with spaghetti, but you’re welcome to replace them with your favorites or omit them completely.
How to Make Spaghetti Tacos
Like I said, if you know how to make spaghetti, you basically know how to make spaghetti tacos already! First, cook your spaghetti noodles of choice according to package directions.
(For a grain-free noodle like bean or lentil pastas, I recommend cooking 1-2 minutes less than the package directs for best results.)
While your pasta cooks, get your ground Italian sausage or meat of choice on the stove. If you’re using an Italian sausage, keep in mind that it may already be seasoned, so you might not need additional seasoning! Cook through until no longer pink, then toss to coat in a bit of your pasta sauce of choice.
Once your spaghetti is cooked, drain in a colander and toss those noodles in your pasta sauce as well. And that’s literally it!
With your meat and noodles prepared, your spaghetti tacos are ready to assemble.
Just load your spaghetti and cooked sausage into the taco shells, top with a sprinkle of mozzarella, parmesan, and parsley, then devour!
Altogether, using a full 16-oz box of spaghetti noodles and 1lb of ground Italian sausage, this spaghetti tacos recipe can yield around 16 tacos. If you or your family don’t need that many tacos, try cutting the recipe in half! Everyone is different, each person may want a different number of tacos—do whatever works for your preferences and needs.
Butcher Box Italian Sausage
The Italian sausage that I used in this recipe is one of the newest offerings from Butcher Box! This is one of my favorite brands—all of their meat is humanely raised, free of antibiotics and added hormones, and it’s conveniently delivered frozen right to my door. Plus, I love that I can adjust my delivery frequency as often as I need, and I can feel good about the meat that I’m eating.
Butcher Box is always offering new deals—just use this link to sign up.
For more fun taco night ideas, check out the full video: Easy TACOS 6 Ways!
Spaghetti Tacos Recipe
- 16 oz spaghetti, cooked
- 2 cups red sauce
- 1 lb ground Italian sausage, check to see if yours is pre-seasoned!
- 16 hard corn taco shells, yellow or blue corn
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup shaved parmesan cheese
- ¼-½ cup chopped parsley, for topping
- Cook spaghetti according to package directions.
- Drain and toss in ~1-2 cups red sauce of choice.
- Cook ground sausage through over the stove. Add ~½ cup red sauce and toss to coat.
- Assemble hard taco shells with cooked spaghetti in sauce and Italian sausage. Sprinkle with mozzarella, parmesan, and parsley to finish. Serve and enjoy!
- Optional: serve in taco stand for fun presentation flair!
- Yields 16 tacos
Exploring your Relationship with Food
Enroll in my Food Freedom course to explore your relationship with food, your eating habits, the role of the mind-body connection in our health, and more!