Easy BBQ Spaghetti Recipe
BBQ Spaghetti with Pulled Pork
How to Make Barbecue Spaghetti with Homemade BBQ Sauce
Try this irresistibly sweet-and-savory bowl of BBQ spaghetti with pulled pork, bell peppers, and your favorite BBQ sauce! Comforting, chewy, savory, and satisfying—it’s a simple yet flavorful meal that’s sure to be a crowd favorite. Learn how to make barbecue spaghetti for a quick, family-friendly weeknight meal in under 30 minutes.
Personally, I love spaghetti so much, why would I limit myself to red or white sauce? This dish combines two of the finest comfort foods: noodles and barbecue! The sweet yet vinegary goodness of my homemade BBQ sauce coats the noodles beautifully, and I especially love it with some slow cooker pulled pork mixed in.
Plus, this barbecue spaghetti recipe is totally customizable! Swap out pulled pork for chicken, beef, or even baked beans. Try my homemade sauce recipe, or use your favorite store-bought BBQ sauce. Add more and different veggies. You could even grill up the leftovers between bread and cheese to make a BBQ spaghetti grilled cheese sandwich! Get creative and have fun with it.
Where did BBQ spaghetti originate?
Personally, I was just on a spaghetti kick when I decided to try tossing my noodles in some barbecue sauce. It’s a fun but simple swap to make spaghetti more exciting! But, BBQ spaghetti is actually a dish with roots tracing back to Tennessee, where it’s served as a side in some Memphis barbecue restaurants.
BBQ Spaghetti Ingredients & Substitutions
- Spaghetti Noodles: You can use any type of noodles that you like—regular wheat pasta, gluten free pasta, or a bean or lentil pasta. My personal favorite are chickpea spaghetti noodles!
- Onion & Bell Pepper: Substitute with your favorite veggies or add additional veggies into the mix that you enjoy! I think sauteed zucchini, squash, leafy greens, sweet potato, or corn could all be delicious additions to this barbecue spaghetti recipe.
- Pulled Pork: I absolutely love slow cooker pulled pork because it’s so tasty, easy, and great for meal prep, but you can substitute with any cooked protein that you like! Try shredded chicken, ground beef or turkey, crumbled tofu, or black beans instead.
- Barbecue Sauce: Use whatever variety of BBQ sauce that you enjoy to create the flavors you love!
What is the best BBQ sauce to use for barbecue spaghetti?
Of course, I highly recommend trying my homemade BBQ sauce for a sweet yet low sugar option. Not only is it super simple and tasty, but my recipe also yields just enough sauce for this whole BBQ spaghetti recipe. Otherwise, use your favorite store-bought brand—however sweet, vinegary, or spicy you like it!
How to Make Barbecue Spaghetti
- Cook spaghetti noodles according to package directions.
- Saute onion and bell pepper for 1-2 minutes.
- Add pulled pork and BBQ sauce, bring to a boil, then turn down to simmer for 5-10 minutes.
- Add cooked noodles and toss to integrate. Serve and enjoy!
Meal Prep & Food Freedom
Learn how to meal prep for your needs and explore your relationship with food in my Mind Over Meal Prep course! If you enjoy a convenient, balanced, tasty meal like this one pot dinner, you’ll find loads of similar ideas and strategies to make meal prep easy.
To see how this spaghetti dinner is made, watch my CRAZY Spaghetti Recipes video!
BBQ Spaghetti with Pulled Pork
- Cook spaghetti according to package directions.
- Heat oil in a pan over medium-high heat. Saute onion and bell pepper for 1-2 minutes.
- Add pulled pork (or meat of choice) and BBQ sauce and bring to a boil. Turn heat down to simmer for 5-10 minutes.
- Add cooked spaghetti noodles and toss to integrate.
- Serve and enjoy!
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge for 5-7 days.
- Yields ~10 cups BBQ spaghetti.