Watermelon Jello Slices | 3 Ingredient Summer Party Snack
3-Ingredient Watermelon Jello Slices Made with REAL Watermelon
With a bit of gelatin, homemade watermelon juice, and some hollowed out limes, you can make a colorful, refreshing summer party snack! These watermelon jello slices are full of fun flavor and made with REAL watermelon. Plus, they’re so simple!
To make these watermelon jello slices, simply pour your watermelon jello mixture into lime halves. Then, allow the jello to set before slicing into vibrant wedges for easy and fun snacking.
Plus, watermelon is much more than just water—it’s LOADED with healthy nutrients! Get your dose of vitamin A, vitamin C, and antioxidants like lycopene, in jiggly jello form!
Just Add Watermelon (and Lime Juice)
Obviously, my favorite thing about these watermelon jello wedges is the fact that they’re watermelon flavored AND look like watermelons. Come on, summer party snacks are so fun!
But, my second favorite thing about this recipe is how few ingredients are needed, and they all provide a nutritional boost! Watermelon is filled with antioxidants and vitamins, lowers inflammation, balances pH levels, and helps with digestion and kidney processing!
And, limes are great for rejuvenating skin, lowering blood sugar, improving digestion and have cancer-fighting properties. Who knew these little watermelon jello slices could do so much?
Post Workout Watermelon Jello Slices?
But wait! In addition to the benefits above, watermelon contains L-citrulline which is a restorative amino acid that’s great for workout recovery! It’s also mostly water, so it’s going to help rehydrate you after that crazy sweat session.
As if I needed more incentive to eat these delicious little watermelon jello slices… But, now I know they’re not just healthy snacks for kids!
Jiggle, Jiggle, Jiggle
We still haven’t touched on the amazingness of gelatin, though! Gelatin and collagen are derived from the same source, so they have a lot of the same benefits. And, those benefits have a wide range, like helping to repair the gut, balance blood sugar, and improve skin and joint health. Plus, both gelatin and collagen contain 8 out 9 essential amino acids!
I haven’t personally tried this recipe with a plant-based gelatin, which wouldn’t have the same health benefits. But, feel free to give it a whirl to make vegan watermelon jello slices!
Lime Wedge Wisdom
A word of caution: filling the lime halves for your watermelon jello slices can be a little tricky. So, I’d recommend getting a mold or container that can help keep the lime halves upright. That way, they won’t be tipping around as you fill them or while set in the fridge.
Be patient, and don’t worry if they don’t look perfect at first. Ultimately, you’re going to slice them into wedges after they set, anyway!
Watermelon Jello Slices
- 5 lbs watermelon – enough to get 4 cups strained juice
- 2 Tbsp gelatin, 2 packets
- 12 limes
- Scoop out the inside of the limes and save the juice for another recipe – make lime juice!
- Cut watermelon into chunks. Puree in a blender (I used a Vitamix) until smooth. Pour through a mesh strainer. Refrigerate for an hour to cool.
- Place 1 cup juice in a glass bowl. Sprinkle with gelatin. Meanwhile, bring remaining 3 cups juice to a boil. Pour boiling juice over gelatin-juice mixture, and stir until gelatin dissolves completely.
- Add sweetener if preferred.
- Pour into mold or bowl – I am using lime halves.
- Refrigerate 4 hours or overnight.
- Slice lime halves into 4 wedges with a sharp knife.
- Serve & enjoy!
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge.
- Yields ~96 watermelon jello slices, or ~24 jello-filled lime halves (depending on size of limes).