Fruity Caprese Summer Rolls | Healthy Summer Rolls
Sweet & Savory Fruity Caprese Summer Rolls – Fun Summer Roll Ideas!
Turn your favorite summer salad into a fresh caprese summer roll! And, for a fun twist, I’ve taken the classic caprese salad to a new level with creamy avocado and sweet strawberry slices. Wrapped in rice paper with balsamic and olive oil for dipping, you’ve got a tasty finger-food salad!
Of course, I’m a huge fan of the sweet and savory flavor pairing. Plus, since you don’t need to heat your caprese summer rolls before eating, they’re an awesome on-the-go lunch to pack for work or school! A wholesome vegetarian lunch idea, or an easy no cook snack you can throw together in minutes.
Personally, I love the change of pace from classic sandwiches and wraps. Or, if you’re trying to cut down on carbs in your diet, these caprese summer rolls can be a better option. Since they’re wrapped in rice paper sheets, they’re far lower in carbs than traditional bread and tortillas!
Fruity Caprese Summer Rolls
- 2 avocados, sliced
- 2 Roma tomatoes, sliced
- ½ cup strawberries, sliced
- 6-12 oz mozzarella cheese, cut into thick slices
- fresh basil leaves
- 6 sheets rice paper
- balsamic + olive oil, for dipping
- Fill a pot with warm water. Submerge your spring roll wrapper into the water.
- Remove wrapper from water and place on a flat, dry surface. Layer on in your filling ingredients. (I used 2-3 avocado slices, 2 tomato slices, 4-5 strawberry slices, 1 slice mozzarella cheese [~1-2 oz], and a few basil leaves per roll.)
- Fold in the ends of your wrapper, then roll it up snugly.
- In a small bowl, whisk together some balsamic and olive oil for your dipping sauce.
- Serve summer roll with sauce and enjoy!
- Yields ~6 caprese summer rolls.