Easy Chocolate Walnut Fudge
Microwave Chocolate Walnut Fudge Recipe
How to Make Chocolate Fudge with Condensed Milk in the Microwave
This lusciously creamy, rich chocolate walnut fudge recipe is so easy, you can make it in the microwave! Simply melt down butter, condensed milk, and chocolate of choice—milk, semisweet, or dark—then fold in your mix-ins and refrigerate. I’ll show you how to make microwave fudge that tastes deliciously gourmet!
Traditionally, a chocolate fudge recipe involves a complicated process of heating and cooling the chocolate to just the right temperatures, to get just the right texture. Rather than fussing with the stovetop and a candy thermometer, I designed this microwave chocolate walnut fudge recipe to be as quick and simple as possible! With the help of sweetened condensed milk, it’s pretty much fool-proof.
If you love fudge but feel intimidated by the process of a traditional fudge recipe, this homemade microwave fudge is worth trying. With just 20 minutes of prep work and a few hours in the fridge, you can have a sweet, smooth, creamy fudge ready to devour. Perfect for a holiday treat or a DIY edible gift!
What is the secret to smooth fudge?
Traditionally, you need to cook homemade chocolate fudge to a specific temperature to form a sugar syrup, then let it cool to a specific temperature. This is the secret behind fudge’s smooth-yet-firm texture that’s still soft enough to cut. But, because this process can be complicated and time-consuming, I prefer to make a simplified fudge in the microwave.
Why make fudge with sweetened condensed milk?
In this microwave chocolate walnut fudge recipe, you don’t need to worry about specific temperatures or complicated steps. Since sweetened condensed milk is already a sugar syrup, you can simply melt it together with butter and chocolate to get a perfectly smooth fudge. Rather than making the sugar syrup from scratch, sweetened condensed milk shortens and simplifies the process!
How to Make Microwave Fudge
- Line and grease an 8×8-inch baking pan or glass baking dish.
- Melt butter in a large heat-proof bowl in the microwave (or over a double-boiler on the stove).
- Add condensed milk and chopped chocolate, continuing to heat and stir in 30-second increments, until smooth.
- Once melted, fold in mix-ins. (I used walnuts and prunes.)
- Pour microwave fudge mixture into prepared pan and refrigerate for 3-4 hours.
- Once set, remove fudge from pan, cut into squares, and serve!
How do you store walnut fudge?
To store this chocolate walnut fudge, place the cut squares into an airtight container and it will last in the fridge for up to 2 weeks. Or, store in the freezer for up to 3 months. Just keep in mind, this homemade fudge has the best texture and flavor enjoyed fresh!
Download this and loads of other festive recipes in my FREE 12 Days of Dried Fruit Holiday eBook!
Microwave Chocolate Walnut Fudge
- 12 oz (335g) high-quality chocolate, chopped, (milk, semisweet, or dark)
- ¼ cup (55g) butter
- 14 oz (396g) can of sweetened condensed milk
- ⅔ cup (75g) walnuts, chopped
- ½ cup (80g) Sunsweet® Amaz!n™ Prunes, chopped
- Line an 8×8-inch baking pan or glass baking dish with foil and spray with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, melt butter in microwave.
- Add sweetened condensed milk and chocolate, continuing at 30-second increments in the microwave until smooth.
- Once melted, fold in walnuts and prunes.
- Pour into prepared pan and refrigerate 3-4 hours, until set.
- Cut into squares, serve, and enjoy!
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to a week.