Mighty Mango Protein Smoothie Recipe
Vegan Mango Green Smoothie with Romaine Lettuce & Pea Protein Powder
For a simple, tropical, protein-packed treat, give this mighty mango protein smoothie a try!
Made with the vegan or plant-based protein powder of your choice, it's a delightfully tasty way to fit more protein into your day. Plus, this is also a mango GREEN smoothie that’s made with an entire small head of romaine lettuce! Talk about getting your greens in.
With a hearty helping of frozen mango, the texture is irresistibly creamy, and every sip is loaded with vitamin C.
And, combined with the natural sweetness of prune juice, you don’t even need to add sugar or any sweeteners. Best of all, I love how easy this mango protein smoothie is to make, with only 6 ingredients!
As with any smoothie recipe, the components here are totally adjustable. Use whatever protein powder you like. If you’re not a fan of romaine, make your mango green smoothie with the greens of your choice. Personally, I love rough chopping that entire head of romaine and watching it disappear into my smoothie!
My approach here was simply to create an easy, tasty, and whole food smoothie—made entirely from nutritious plant-based ingredients.
With the creamy, tropical flavor of the mango and some sneaky protein blended in, this is a snack I turn to when I want something tasty and nourishing. Whether you’re a breakfast smoothie fan or you enjoy a post-workout shake, this mango protein smoothie is a satisfyingly sweet choice!
Vegan Mango Protein Smoothie Ingredients
- Head of romaine
- Frozen mango
- Cashew butter
- Sunsweet® Amaz!n™ Prune Juice
- Pea protein powder (or protein powder of choice)
- Romaine: Though not quite as nutrient-dense as darker leafy greens, romaine is a great option for smoothies because you can’t even taste it! If you want to give your mango protein smoothie a nutrient boost, try using spinach, baby kale, or arugula instead.
- Frozen Mango: The natural sweetness and tropical flavor of mango really ties this whole smoothie together! You’re welcome to use fresh mango instead of frozen, or swap out the mango for frozen/fresh banana or pineapple if you’d prefer.
- Lemon: The lemon fruit with the rind and seeds removed isn’t essential, but it does add a nice, subtle hint of citrus into this vegan mango green smoothie recipe! You’re welcome to omit it, or swap it out for orange for a sweeter option.
- Cashew Butter: Use any nut butter that you like, or try sunflower seed butter for a nut-free option!
- Prune Juice: This adds natural sweetness, gut-friendly fiber, and tons of nourishing micronutrients into your smoothie! Of course, other options like apple juice, orange juice, or pear juice can also add natural sweetness. (They just aren’t quite as nutrient-dense.)
- Protein Powder: If you’ve got a favorite or preferred protein powder, use that in your smoothie! I went with a plain, plant-based option to keep this recipe vegan and without added sugars, but you can use a flavored variety or even a whey-based protein if you’d like.
For more recipes like this, check out my Healthy Green Smoothies video!Print