Creamy Kiwi Kale Smoothie Recipe
The Ultimate Green Kiwi Smoothie with Kale, Avocado, and Coconut Cream
This ultra-green and ultra-creamy kiwi kale smoothie is packed with nutrients and all-natural sweetness! Loads of superfood greens, nourishing and satiating healthy fats, and no added sugars or sweeteners. A deliciously satisfying way to start your morning, or a simple snack to whip up mid-day. Made with only 6 ingredients, this kale kiwi smoothie couldn’t be easier!
Personally, if I’m having a smoothie, I want to load it up with nutritious leafy greens. In this kiwi kale smoothie recipe, I’ve packed in 2 cups of baby kale for a powerful a superfood boost! Of course, you’re welcome to use any greens that you like. But, if you’re not a fan of eating kale otherwise, sneaking it into a smoothie is a great way to fit some into your day.
Then, there’s the oh-so-creamy trio of coconut cream, coconut butter, and frozen avocado, making for an irresistibly thick, sippable texture. Plus, these are some of the richest sources of healthy fats on the planet! The MCTs in coconut are readily converted to energy in the body, and the monounsaturated fats in avocados are anti-inflammatory superstars.
And finally, to keep this kale kiwi smoothie made with all whole food ingredients, the kiwis and prune juice provide natural sweetness. Don’t worry, it’s still satisfyingly sweet—just with all-natural fruit sugars and nothing added! Whether you love a breakfast smoothie or are looking for a superfood snack, this creamy kiwi kale smoothie is an easy option you can toss together in minutes.
Kiwi Kale Smoothie Ingredients
- Baby kale, frozen
- Kiwis, peeled
- Coconut cream
- Coconut butter
- Avocado, frozen
- Sunsweet® Amaz!n™ Prune Juice
- Baby Kale: Personally, I like to buy fresh greens, add then to a freezer safe bag, and freeze them myself to add into smoothies! Of course, you can buy frozen greens from the freezer section as well, and you can swap kale for spinach or a blend of greens if you prefer.
- Kiwis: Peeled kiwi not only adds to the green in this kiwi kale smoothie recipe, but it also adds natural sweetness and fruity flavor! But, if kiwis aren’t your jam, you can substitute with mango, pineapple, banana, or even dragon fruit (pitaya).
- Coconut Cream: Nothing makes a smoothie quite so creamy as coconut cream! You can also use full-fat coconut milk if you can’t find cream, or try your favorite yogurt—dairy or nondairy.
- Coconut Butter: This also adds to the creaminess and brings some subtle sweet, tropical flavor! If you can’t find any or aren’t a coconut fan, swap it out for the nut or seed butter of your choice.
- Frozen Avocado: You don’t have to freeze your avocado, but it will give your kale kiwi smoothie a thicker and creamier texture! If you’re averse to avocados, you can experiment swapping it out for nut butter, chia seeds, or even banana. (Just know that banana will add more sweetness whereas avocado won’t!)
- Prune Juice: Similar to the kiwi, prune juice offers natural sweetness, along with wholesome fiber and a host of micronutrients that support bone health. If it’s not an option for you, you can substitute with a different juice like apple, orange, or even carrot juice.
For more recipes like this, check out my Healthy Green Smoothies video!Print