Gluten Free Pumpkin Protein Pancakes with No Protein Powder
Fluffy Pumpkin Protein Pancakes – Healthy Gluten Free Pancakes!
Protein-packed but with NO powder, these pumpkin protein pancakes are a great fall-time breakfast option for kids, or adults! And, you won’t believe how light, fluffy and filling they are.
Usually, protein powder is the go-to option for most people making protein pancakes. But, you can make these pumpkin protein pancakes with NO protein powder! Instead, the egg whites, cottage cheese, and even the oats in this recipe contain TONS of all-natural protein.
Combined, they pack a whopping 25g of protein into each serving of these pumpkin protein pancakes! And, made with real pumpkin and plenty of cinnamon, they’re loaded with comforting fall flavors and wholesome fuel to start your day off right.
Make Healthy Food More Fun
To get even more festive, try cooking your pumpkin protein pancakes into fun shapes using a simple metal cookie cutter. Simply coat the cutter with cooking spray, fill the inside with batter on the skillet, and cook!
BUT, be sure to choose a cookie cutter with a rubber edge—an all-metal cookie cutter will get very HOT. Really, there’s no extra effort required, but it’s a simple trick to make this healthy breakfast more interesting!
But, no matter what shape you cook ’em into, these are downright delicious. Honestly, it’s amazing how fluffy they are, just like REAL pancakes—not gummy at all, like protein pancakes made with powder can be. And, so easy to throw together!
Just grab all of your ingredients, toss them into the blender, and blend up your batter. Then, you can even pour your batter straight onto the griddle from the blender if you like! Less mess, fewer dishes to wash, and deliciously fluffy pumpkin protein pancakes that are ready in minutes.
Pumpkin Protein Pancakes with No Protein Powder
- ¼ cup oats, 20g (old fashioned or quick-cooking)
- ¼ cup pumpkin puree, 55g
- 1½ Tbsp coconut flour
- ½ cup egg whites, 120mL
- ¼ cup low-fat cottage cheese, 55g
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp cinnamon
- ¼ tsp pumpkin pie spice, or additional cinnamon
- optional: ½–1 tsp stevia/sweetener of choice
- ¼ tsp vanilla
- dash of salt
- Preheat griddle or skillet.
- Combine all ingredients in a blender or food processor and blend until smooth.
- Pour batter onto sprayed griddle or skillet into your desired pancake shapes. (Use a cookie cutter with a rubber grip so you don’t burn your hand, be sure to also spray your cookie cutter if using one!)
- Once the pancakes begin to bubble as they would normal pancakes, flip to cook through on the other side. (Remove cookie cutter before flipping.)
- Serve with syrup and/or desired toppings!
- Yields 1 serving pumpkin protein pancakes (~6 pancakes, depending on size).
2 Comments on “Gluten Free Pumpkin Protein Pancakes with No Protein Powder”
Hi there! Is there any dairy-free alternative for the cottage cheese here?
Hello Marie, great question! We haven’t personally tried making these pumpkin protein pancakes with a cottage cheese alternative, so I can’t say for certain how they might turn out. If you’re willing to experiment and see, silken tofu might be a suitable dairy free alternative in this recipe! I hope this can be helpful 🙂