Gluten Free Honey Oat Bread Recipe Without Yeast
Gluten Free Oat Bread Recipe – No Yeast, No Bread Machine!
OAT my goodness…this honey oat bread recipe is just as delicious as it looks!
Even without traditional all-purpose or wheat flour, oat flour bread is actually amazingly light and fluffy.
Plus, every slice is filled with nutritious, whole grain goodness—and totally gluten free! Best of all, there’s NO yeast and NO bread machine involved in making this honey oat bread recipe.
Homemade gluten free bread doesn’t get much easier than this, folks!
See those gorgeous toasted oats on top? Unlike some deceivingly unhealthy store-bought breads, they’re not just for looks!
Many breads out there that aren’t truly whole grain try to trick us with oats or seeds as healthy-looking toppings.
No tricks with this honey oat bread recipe, though!
Seriously, it’s LOADED with wholesome oats—rolled oats and oat flour in the batter, AND oats on top. A healthy gluten free sandwich bread option that’s unbelievably easy to make!
How to Make Gluten Free Oat Flour Bread & Homemade Oat Flour
Typically, gluten free bread recipes rely on a refined, gluten free baking flour. But, oats are a fiber-filled and naturally gluten free alternative!
Plus, oat flour has an incredibly light, fluffy texture that makes it hard to believe this honey oat bread is gluten free…
Just be sure to use certified gluten free oats and oat flour if you have a gluten sensitivity or allergy.
And, if you don’t want to buy oat flour, you can make it! Homemade oat flour works just as well as store-bought, and you’ll save a pretty penny making your own.
Simply blend rolled or quick oats, and I also recommend sifting your flour for this oat bread recipe.
That way, your oat flour will have a finer texture, making your honey oat bread lighter and airier! You can either use a flour sifter or a simple fine-mesh strainer.
Soft, Fluffy Honey Oat Bread—Without the Pesky Gluten
You don’t NEED gluten to enjoy deliciously soft homemade bread.
Even without gluten, this honey oat bread recipe has the taste and texture of a fluffy, soft wheat bread!
Delicious as a gluten free sandwich bread, toasted and buttered, or enjoyed plain as-is! But, with its hint of sweetness, I think this honey oat bread is begging to be French-toast-ified…
Whether you live a gluten free lifestyle or are just looking for a healthier, whole grain bread, this gluten free oat bread recipe is sure to satisfy!
Gluten Free Honey Oat Bread Recipe
- 2⅓ cups oat flour
- 2¼ tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp baking soda
- 1¼ tsp salt
- 1 cup rolled oats
- ¼ cup coconut oil
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 1 egg
- ¼ cup honey
- ¾ cup almond milk, or milk of choice
- 2 Tbsp rolled oats, for topping (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C). Line a 9×5-inch loaf pan with foil and spray with cooking spray.
- In a bowl, whisk together oat flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- In a separate bowl, beat rolled oats, oil, yogurt, egg, and honey until well-combined. Add milk and stir to integrate.
- Add dry mixture into the wet to combine, but don’t over-mix.
- Transfer batter to prepared loaf pan and sprinkle additional rolled oats on top.
- Bake 40-45 minutes, until golden brown and a toothpick comes out clean.
- Allow loaf to cool in the pan for 10-20 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack and allow to cool completely before slicing and enjoying!
- Store in an airtight container or zip-top bag with as much air removed as possible. Safe to store in pantry/on countertop at room temperature, or store in the fridge for maximum freshness.
- Store in a zip-top bag or airtight container at room temperature for 5-7 days (or longer). In hotter or more humid climates, you may want to store in an airtight container in the fridge.
- I have not personally tried freezing this recipe, but I think it should freeze and thaw just fine! Simply store cut slices/loaf in an airtight container in the freezer.