Easy Gluten Free Bread Recipe Without Yeast & NO Bread Machine
6-Ingredient Gluten Free Bread Recipe – The BEST Homemade Gluten Free Sandwich Bread!
This is the most basic and EASY gluten free bread recipe to make—but the taste and texture are out of this world! It’s soft, light, and fluffy, which isn’t always the case for a gluten free bread… Best of all, you only need 6 ingredients to make it!
Oh yeah, and did I mention: this recipe requires NO yeast, NO rising dough, and NO bread machine?! Honestly, this gluten free bread recipe tastes so similar to a classic white bread, which I love. And, it cuts into beautiful slices, perfect for gluten free toast and sandwiches!
But, you might be wondering: is this all just hype? After all, gluten is the stretchy plant protein that gives wheat breads their deliciously soft bite. Can homemade gluten free bread really be THAT good, without the gluten?
How to Make Gluten Free Bread, that TASTES like Real Bread…
So, in the process of making this easy gluten free bread recipe, I’ve discovered 2 secrets to make the best gluten free bread:
Number 1, choose a high-quality, super-fine gluten free flour. For me, my top choice is Bob’s Red Mill’s Gluten Free 1-to-1 Baking Flour! It’s primarily made of rice flour, and its ultra-fine texture keeps this homemade gluten free bread from getting too dense or heavy.
Number 2, you need properly whipped egg whites, gently folded into your batter. Traditionally, wheat bread recipes rely on gluten and yeast to help the bread rise and maintain its lift. Instead, those whipped egg whites get the job done beautifully in this gluten free bread recipe!
All of the delicious bread-liciousness, none of the gluten—mission accomplished.
Easy Gluten Free Bread Recipe
- 2¼ cups gluten free 1-to-1 baking flour
- 1 Tbsp baking powder
- 1½ tsp salt
- 3 eggs, room temperature, separated into yolks & whites
- 1½ cups almond milk, or milk of choice
- 6 Tbsp coconut oil, melted
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C). Line a 9x5-inch loaf pan with foil or parchment and spray with cooking spray.
- To a bowl, add gluten free 1-to-1 baking flour, baking powder, and salt. Whisk to combine.
- In a separate bowl, whip up the egg yolks with a hand mixer until fluffy. Mix in milk and oil and continue to beat until well-integrated.
- Add dry mixture into the wet and mix well with hand mixer, until relatively smooth. Set aside.
- Separately, whip up the egg whites to medium peaks. (Again, I use a hand mixer to do this.)
- Using a rubber spatula, gently fold the whipped egg whites into batter—but don’t over-mix! (This is going to help the bread rise and maintain its lift without yeast or gluten.)
- Transfer batter to prepared loaf pan and bake for about 45-60 minutes, until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Allow to cool completely before slicing and enjoying!
- Store in a zip-top bag or airtight container at room temperature for 5-7 days (or longer). In hotter or more humid climates, you may want to store in an airtight container in the fridge.
- I have not personally tried freezing this recipe, but I think it should freeze and thaw just fine! Simply store cut slices/loaf in an airtight container in the freezer.