Low Carb Almond Flour Bread Recipe
Easy Low Carb Almond Flour Bread Recipe – NO Yeast, & NO Bread Machine!
Whatever you THOUGHT you knew about dry, dense, cardboard-esque low carb bread recipes, think again. This low carb almond flour bread is soft, perfectly moist, and does not disappoint! It holds together well and has a fluffy, bread-y bite—perfect for low carb sandwiches.
And, unlike other keto bread recipes, there’s no cream cheese or dairy involved. Instead, this low carb almond flour bread recipe features none other than: almond flour! I LOVE the subtly nutty, comforting flavor it adds to my bread.
Plus, it’s loaded with wholesome fats which make this grain free bread more satisfying than traditional grain-based breads. And, nixing the grains also makes this a paleo bread recipe! Best of all, there’s NO yeast involved, no waiting on rising dough, and no bread machine needed.
A soft, satisfying low carb bread that actually fills me up? And, just 7g net carbs per slice?! This low carb almond flour bread recipe is hard to beat!
Fluffy, Grain Free, Paleo Bread—Without the Carbs?
What’s bread without the carbs? It’s a philosophical question that’s plagued low carb and keto dieters everywhere. But, thanks to the not-so-secret ingredient in this low carb almond flour bread, you can enjoy a bread that tastes like real bread—without the carbs!
For low carb baked goods, almond flour is one of my go-to grain free flours because it’s rich in wholesome fats and fiber. But, that makes it less fluffy and more dense than traditional flours. Which, on its own, wouldn’t make for a soft and satisfying low carb bread recipe…
So, what’s the secret to fluffing up this low carb almond flour bread? Super fine almond flour and whipped egg whites! The result is a low carb, grain free, paleo bread that’s crave-ably soft like you won’t believe.
Plus, without the traditional wheat flour base, you’ve got a naturally low carb AND gluten free bread recipe. If you’re on a low carb lifestyle or looking for a gluten free bread that’s lower in carbs, you don’t have to say ‘no’ to sandwiches anymore!
Low Carb Almond Flour Bread
- 2½ cups almond flour
- ⅓ cup psyllium husk powder*
- 4 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- 5 eggs, room temperature, separated into yolks & whites
- ⅓ cup coconut oil
- ⅔ cup warm water
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C). Line a 9x5-inch loaf pan with foil and spray with cooking spray.
- To a bowl, add almond flour, psyllium husk powder, baking powder, and salt. Whisk to combine.
- In a separate bowl, beat the egg yolks until fluffy. Add oil and water and beat to integrate.
- Add dry mixture into the wet and mix well. Set aside.
- Separately, whip up the egg whites to medium peaks.
- Gently fold whipped egg whites into batter—but don’t over-mix! (This will help the bread rise and maintain its lift without yeast or gluten.)
- Transfer batter to prepared loaf pan and bake until golden brown, about 50 minutes. The top should be firm and a bit crusty.
- Allow to cool in the pan for 10-20 minutes. Transfer bread loaf to a wire rack and allow to cool completely before slicing and enjoying! (Slice to desired thickness, 10-14 slices depending on preference.)
- Store in a zip-top bag or airtight container at room temperature for 5-7 days (or longer). In hotter or more humid climates, you may want to store in an airtight container in the fridge.
- I have not personally tried freezing this recipe, but I think it should freeze and thaw just fine! Simply store cut slices/loaf in an airtight container in the freezer.