Honey Walnut Baked Salmon with Goat Cheese | Sheet Pan Dinner
Honey Walnut Baked Salmon with Goat Cheese, Beets & Green Beans – Easy Sheet Pan Salmon Dinner!
This honey walnut baked salmon is just oozing with yumminess, fun texture, and wholesome nutrients. When rich, flaky salmon meets savory goat cheese, you’ve got a match made in heaven. Add sweet honey and walnuts on top, and you’ve got a crave-able flavor EXPLOSION!
After roasting, the goat cheese blisters beautifully, the toasted walnuts are even crunchier, and the salmon filet is perfectly moist and tender inside. Every bite leaves me coming back for more—which my taste buds AND my body appreciate!
Salmon Sheet Pan Dinner Cooking TIP:
Now, because this is a salmon SHEET PAN dinner, you can toss your honey walnut baked salmon and veggies all onto the same pan to cook! But, I do recommend covering your salmon with a foil tent to keep the filet moist during the longer cooking time.
Get Creative & Make this Meal Your Own!
For my veggies, I like to roast some beets and green beans alongside my honey walnut baked salmon. Personally, I use pre-cooked beets (either canned or refrigerated) because they’re less messy, but still delicious and just as nutritious! But, you can also prep raw beets if you prefer.
Between the sweet-and-earthy beets, indulgent goat cheese, and crisp walnuts, this salmon sheet pan dinner is full of rich, fall-time flavors! But, this is just ONE possible combination, and you can make this meal with any veggies that you like.
And, by pairing this honey walnut baked salmon with different veggies from week to week, you can have endless easy weeknight meals!
Choosing between Wild Caught vs Farm Raised Salmon
Wild caught salmon and farm raised are relatively similar, and you can use either to make this honey walnut baked salmon. But, there are some differences between the two—in terms of taste, cost, nutrients, and sustainability.
If you’re curious to learn more, you might find my Wild Caught Salmon vs Farm Raised blog helpful!
Honey Walnut Baked Salmon with Goat Cheese
Honey Walnut Baked Salmon:
- 1 salmon filet, 4 oz
- 3-4 Tbsp crumbled goat cheese
- 1 Tbsp walnuts, chopped
- 1 tsp fresh thyme, chopped
- drizzle of honey
- 1 cup beets, cubed (I use pre-cooked because they’re less messy and still delicious, but you can also use raw!)
- 1 cup green beans, ends trimmed
- 1 shallot, sliced
- 2 Tbsp chopped walnuts
- 2 tsp avocado oil
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 425°F (220°C).
- Add salmon filet to a tray lined with parchment or foil, along with beets, green beans, sliced shallot, and 2 Tbsp chopped walnuts.
- Spread goat cheese crumbles on top of salmon filet. Top with 1 Tbsp walnuts, fresh thyme, and a drizzle of honey.
- Drizzle veggies and chopped walnuts with oil, season to taste, and toss to coat.
- Cover salmon with a foil tent to prevent filet from drying out in the oven. (If you prefer your salmon cooked more medium-rare than well-done, cook salmon for just 8-10 minutes on a separate pan from your vegetables.)
- Roast for 25 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy!
- Yields 1 sheet pan dinner.