Creepy-Crawly Halloween 7 Layer Dip
Spider Web Taco Dip – Spooky Halloween 7 Layer Dip Recipe!
This crave-able Halloween 7 layer dip is full of wholesome fuel and fun, festive colors! If you’re looking for Halloween party snack ideas, it’s hard to beat this spooky spider web taco dip. Serve with chips, raw veggies or whichever dippers you like and it’s sure to be a crowd favorite!
Really, this is just like the classic 7 layer bean dip, served Halloween style. But, there’s a reason that old-school recipe has become a ‘classic’—because it’s freakin’ tasty! Plus, it’s an unbelievably easy party appetizer to prepare, with NO cooking required.
With refried beans, cheese, salsa, guacamole, and even MORE sumptuous layers, it’s like a deliciously dippable taco! And, this Halloween 7 layer dip is an awesome, non candy treat option that can provide some actual nutritious fuel on an otherwise sugar-filled day.
How to Make 7 Layer Dip Halloween Style
As always, this recipe is based on how I would make my Halloween 7 layer dip for a party. But, YOU control the ingredients here, so get creative with the layers of your spider web taco dip! You can change up the flavors, swap out ingredients, and make it as light or indulgent as you want.
For a nutritional boost, but just as much deliciousness, try refried black beans instead of regular! Often, traditional refried beans are hiding sneaky trans fats and hydrogenated oils. But, if you can find them, refried black beans tend to have fewer and cleaner ingredients.
Plus, the black color is even more suited to a Halloween taco dip than the standard brown refried beans. Especially once it’s paired with some orange shredded cheese and vibrant green guacamole!
For the rest of my layers, I chose taco classics that are also light and wholesome, like lettuce, tomatoes, olives, and some guacamole on top. Then, if you have a small squeeze bottle, fill it with sour cream and decorate your dip with a spooky spider web!
The festive fun has just begun…
For more healthy Halloween treats—PLUS tons of sweet and savory goodies for Thanksgiving, Christmas, and the fall season—check out my 150+ Healthy Holiday Recipes eBook!
Halloween 7 Layer Dip
Halloween 7 Layer Dip:
- 1 can refried black beans, or regular
- 1 pack taco seasoning
- ¼-½ cup salsa
- ¼-½ cup shredded lettuce
- 2 cans sliced olives, 4-oz ea.
- ¼-½ cup shredded Mexican cheese
- 1 Roma tomato, diced
- ¼-½ cup guacamole
- 2-3 Tbsp sour cream
- tortilla chips
- celery sticks
- baby carrots
- anything you like!
- To a large bowl, add refried black beans and taco seasoning and mix well to combine.
- In a baking dish or serving platter (I used a 9-inch pie dish), layer beans, salsa, lettuce, olives, cheese, and diced tomato. Cover with guacamole, spreading it into a smooth layer.
- Add sour cream on top, using a squeeze bottle to draw a spider web shape. (I started by drawing intersecting lines in an asterisk/star shape across the dish, then curved lines in between to connect them!)
- Garnish the edge of the dish with more diced tomatoes, olives, and cheese. Serve with your favorite dippers!
- Yields 8 servings Halloween 7 layer dip.