Winter Fruit Salad in Honey Ginger Citrus Dressing
Ginger Spiced Winter Fruit Salad – Healthy Thanksgiving Side Dish OR Dessert!
Fruit salad is often a go-to healthy dessert option, but it can get boring. Make the most out of the delicious fruits in season with this winter fruit salad! Sweet and tangy, with a hint of spice from the fresh ginger—this dish is full of seasonal flavor and wholesome ingredients.
Rather than turning to the same-old summer fruits, like melons and berries, toss together some ripe mango, pomegranate arils, orange slices, and kiwi. Or, feel free to change the recipe and use your favorite seasonal fruits!
Either way, this winter fruit salad is a cinch to make, and you can serve it as a holiday dessert OR an appetizer. And, you don’t need to sweeten it at all unless you’d like to! An awesome, lighter dish to bring to a holiday party or potluck.
Plus, if you or any of your holiday guests are watching your sugar intake, this winter fruit salad can serve as your low sugar dessert option! No one likes to miss out on dessert, especially during the holidays. So, take advantage of these deliciously sweet winter fruits!
Winter Fruit Salad
- 2 mangos, cubed
- 5 kiwi, peeled and cubed
- 4 oranges, peeled into slices
- 1½ cups pomegranate arils
- 5 mandarins, peeled into slices
- 1 cup grapes
- 1 piece of ginger, 1-inch, peeled & minced
- ½ lime, juiced
- 1 lemon, zest and juice
- 1 Tbsp honey, optional
- Prep fruits and slice ginger.
- In a large mixing bowl, add prepped fruit and ginger.
- Add lime juice, lemon juice and zest, and honey, if desired. Toss to coat.
- Serve and enjoy!
- Yields ~8 cups winter fruit salad.