Keto Breakfast Burger with Bacon, Egg & Cheese
Keto Breakfast Burger Recipe – Bacon Egg and Cheese Burger!
Beef up your morning routine with this keto breakfast burger on a lettuce wrap! A super simple bacon egg and cheese burger that’s sure to satisfy, especially with a dash of my coffee ketchup for some added breakfast flair.
Who says burgers can’t be for breakfast? I LOVE a tasty fried egg on a healthy breakfast burger or a burger any time of day. Toss some crispy bacon and a slice of your favorite cheese on there, and you’ve got all the breakfast classics served on one bun!
But of course, for a true keto breakfast burger that keeps the carb count low, we’re nixing the bun in favor of a crisp lettuce wrap. Some added fun crunch, and none of the carbs! Dress it up with your favorite condiments and make it your own. And if a bacon egg and cheese burger isn’t your thing, customize the toppings however you like, too!
There’s no ‘wrong’ way to do a burger. Best of all, when served on a lettuce wrap, this keto breakfast burger has only 1g net carbs per serving. Plenty of wiggle room to add some coffee ketchup or your favorite low carb ketchup!
Bacon Egg and Cheese Burger Ingredients
1 burger patty (¼ lb), seasoned with salt & pepper
1 slice swiss cheese
1-2 slices bacon, cooked
1 fried egg
low carb ketchup of choice (or my coffee ketchup)
green onion, chopped
How to Make a Keto Breakfast Burger
Just like with any burger, this keto breakfast burger recipe starts with your burger patties. For me, that means splitting a pound of ground beef into 4 pieces, and then shaping those pieces into patty shapes. Cook as many patties as you need, or cook them all and save the leftovers for burgers another day.
I sprinkle each prepare patty with a bit of salt and pepper before cooking, then add them to a skillet or grill pan over high heat. I like my burgers medium to medium-rare, so I cook each patty for just 2-3 minutes on each side. Cook longer if you prefer a well-done burger! After flipping, add that sliced cheese immediately onto the warm patty to melt.
Once cooked to your liking and the cheese melts, remove patties from the pan and set aside. In that same pan, you can cook up your bacon slices (if desired), followed by a tasty fried egg. I prefer this yolky so it adds some delicious flavor to my burger! With all of your components prepared, it’s time to assemble this bacon egg and cheese burger on the lettuce wrap.
For the lettuce wrap, I personally prefer to use sturdy romaine leaves for crispness, or sometimes butter lettuce. Pop your cooked burger patty onto one piece of lettuce, followed by any condiments on top, bacon, fried egg, and some green onion if you like. Then crunch into that keto breakfast burger and enjoy!
If you’re interested in my coffee ketchup recipe, it’s shared just below the keto breakfast burger recipe.
KETO Breakfast Sandwich Recipes
Keto Breakfast Burger
- 1 lb ground beef, split into 4 pieces*
- salt & pepper
- 4 slices swiss cheese, or cheese of choice (1 per patty)
- Yields 4 patties
Breakfast Burger Sandwich
- 1 burger patty
- 1 slice swiss cheese
- 2 slices bacon, cooked
- 1 fried egg
- green onion, chopped
- low carb ketchup or coffee ketchup, optional (see recipe below)
- lettuce wrap
- To prepare burger patties, shape ground beef into 4 patties*. Sprinkle with salt & pepper.
- Heat skillet or grill pan to high heat. Cook patties 2-3 minutes per side, depending on how done you like them. Add cheese to melt immediately after flipping.
- Remove patties from pan when done and set aside.
- Cook bacon slices and fried egg.
- To assemble sandwich, add cheeseburger patty to lettuce wrap with ketchup of choice, bacon, fried egg, and green onion.
- Serve and enjoy!
- 1 cup ketchup, low sugar/low carb, if desired
- 1 cup brewed coffee
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp chili powder
- 1 Tbsp date syrup, optional
- Combine all ingredients in a pot on the stove, mixing to combine. (Omit date syrup if sweetener is not desired.)
- Bring to a boil, then reduce to a simmer for 20-30 minutes until reduced and thickened.
- Spread onto keto breakfast burger as desired! Transfer any excess into a jar or bottle and store in the fridge.
- Yields ~2 cups coffee ketchup.