Avocado & Chickpea Salad Summer Rolls
Chickpea Salad Summer Rolls – Vegan Summer Rolls Recipe!
Chickpeas are an awesome plant-based substitute in traditional chicken salad recipes. And, they make the perfect, hearty filling for these avocado and chickpea salad summer rolls!
Between the sweetness of the grapes and the crunch of the walnuts, this recipe is so irresistibly yummy. Plus, with mashed avocado for creaminess instead of yogurt or mayo, these chickpea salad summer rolls are totally vegan!
Best of all, they’re SO easy to make. Just roll up your filling into gluten free rice paper wrappers, and you’re good to go.
And, as a bonus, using rice paper instead of bread or tortillas is an awesome way to cut down on carbs. If you’re looking for a change of pace from the old-school sandwich or wrap, give these chickpea salad summer rolls a try!
Chickpea Salad Summer Rolls
- 2 avocados, mashed
- 1 can chickpeas, 15 oz, drained & rinsed
- ½ cup grapes, halved
- ¼ cup bell pepper, diced (red)
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 2 green onions, finely chopped
- 3 Tbsp walnuts, chopped
- 1 lemon, juiced
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 8 sheets rice paper
- In a large mixing bowl, mash avocados.
- Add all other salad ingredients to bowl. Mix well to coat.
- Fill a pot with warm water. Submerge your spring roll wrapper into the water.
- Remove wrapper from water and place on a flat, dry surface. Fill center with your chickpea salad. (I used ~½ cup chickpea salad per roll.)
- Fold in the ends of your wrapper, then roll it up snugly. Serve and enjoy!
- Yields ~4 cups chickpea salad, and ~8 chickpea salad summer rolls.