Roasted Sweet Potato Noodle Salad
Cold Sweet Potato Noodle Salad Recipe– Healthy Thanksgiving Side Dish Ideas!
With a light, fruity dressing and flavorful mix-ins, this cold sweet potato noodle salad is one of my fall-time favorites! Starchy sweet potatoes actually spiralize beautifully into sturdy veggie noodles that keep their shape in this spiralized salad. And, they’ve got a naturally vibrant, festive color!
To start, a brief roast brings out the natural sweetness in the sweet potato, which pairs wonderfully with the bright bursts of pomegranate and the sweet, chewy dates. Plus, roasting creates a more tender texture, so this colorful salad can be served cold!
Then, pair that combo of comforting sweet and fruity flavors with crunchy pumpkin seeds and creamy, salty feta cheese and you’ve got a simple, healthy sweet potato salad that’s anything but boring! So much seasonal flavor, an amazingly fuel-filled fall lunch, but it still feels special for the holiday season.
Honestly, even though this isn’t a ‘classic’ holiday recipe, it’s one of my fall-time FAVORITE dishes. Yes, it’s beautiful and vibrant. But, the taste is just truly phenomenal—sweet yet robust, crunchy and creamy, light yet indulgent!
Looking for more healthy holiday and seasonal recipes?
Find tons of healthy inspiration in my 150+ Healthy Holiday Recipes eBook!
Roasted Sweet Potato Noodle Salad Recipe
- Sweet Potato Noodles:4 sweet potatoes
- drizzle of oil
- Spiralized Salad Ingredients:⅓ cup pomegranate arils
- ½ cup pumpkin seeds
- optional: ½ cup feta cheese, omit for dairy-free
- ¼ cup chopped dates
- ¼ cup fresh parsley
- Dressing:1 lime, juice & zest
- 2 Tbsp pomegranate juice
- 1 Tbsp maple syrup
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- ¼ tsp salt
- Preheat oven to 450°F (230°C).
- Wash and peel raw sweet potatoes, then spiralize into noodles.
- Add noodles to a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Drizzle with oil, sprinkle with salt, and toss to coat.
- Roast 10-15 minutes.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool.
- In a large bowl, whisk together dressing ingredients.
- Add cooked sweet potato noodles and remaining salad ingredients. Toss to coat completely.
- Serve cold and enjoy!
- Yields 4 servings cold sweet potato noodle salad.