Baked Carrot Chips | Easy Crispy Vegetable Chips
How to Make Baked Carrot Chips – 3 Ingredient Healthy Snack Idea!
If you like crunching on raw carrots, you’ll love munching on these baked carrot CHIPS! Or, if you’re not a fan of raw carrots, these crispy vegetable chips might open your mind about the nutritious veggie. Savory, sweet, perfectly crunchy, and made with just 3 ingredients!
Seriously, easy healthy snacks can’t get much easier. This baked carrot chips recipe is SO simple to make—just slice, spray, season, and bake! But, for maximum crispy crunch, I recommend arranging your carrot slices on a wire baking rack, if you have one.
Usually, vegetable chips turn out soggy because the heat from the oven can’t circulate ALL the way around the veggie slices. Luckily, a wire baking rack is a simple fix to get these baked carrot chips ULTRA crispy! Trust me, you’ll be glad you did.
Best of all, carrots are one of the most affordable veggies! Altogether, this entire baked carrot chips recipe costs around 20 CENTS to make. Way cheaper and more nutritious than a $1.50 processed snack from the vending machine—but still with the crunch you crave!
Baked Carrot Chips
- 3 adult carrots
- cooking spray
- garlic salt, to taste
- additional seasonings, if desired
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C).
- Wash and peel carrots. Slice off top of carrots and cut with a mandolin to make very thin slices. (It helps to put your mandolin on close to its thinnest setting! Also, be careful using a mandolin, and be sure to wear proper safety gloves.)
- Lay carrot slices on a wire baking rack on top of a baking sheet lined with parchment.
- Spray carrot rounds with cooking spray and season as desired (I used garlic salt). Flip and repeat.
- Bake 15-20 minutes until dry and crisp. Watch so they don’t burn!
- Yields ~1 cup baked carrot chips.