Quick and Easy Honey Yogurt Fruit Dip
Fruit is often called ‘nature’s candy’ for a reason—juicy, naturally-sweet, and fun to eat! But, you can make fruits even more enticing (especially unfamiliar fruits for pickier eaters) with a simple yogurt fruit dip!
The easiest dip ever!
You only need 3 ingredients to make this yogurt fruit dip: yogurt, honey, and cinnamon! And, this recipe uses far less honey than most. It’s lower in sugar, but still perfectly sweet and creamy. Not to mention, it’s so easy, taking only about 2 minutes to make!
Ingredients in my Honey Yogurt Fruit Dip
1 Yogurt. You can use Greek yogurt, plain yogurt, or really any yogurt you like! Yogurt has a smooth and creamy texture that makes it an excellent base for dips. It also has a naturally tangy flavor, which can balance out and enhance the flavors of other ingredients in your dip!
2 Honey. Not only is honey a completely natural sweetener, it also has a very unique flavor profile. Its sweetness adds a wonderful contrast to the tangy yogurt in this dip, creating a more complex and well-rounded taste! You could also use agave nectar here if you’re looking for a vegan alternative.
3 Cinnamon. Cinnamon has a naturally sweet and slightly spicy flavor profile that adds depth and complexity to the tang of the yogurt and the sweetness of the honey. In my opinion, the cinnamon is really what ties this dip together, but if you don’t enjoy the taste of cinnamon, feel free to omit.
How to make this delicious and easy dip!
1 Combine your honey yogurt dip ingredients
In a bowl, add your yogurt of choice, a drizzle of honey, and cinnamon. Mix to combine.
2 Serve and enjoy!
It’s really that easy, all that’s left to do is serve your dip with your favorite fruit, or really any dippers you like! I also really enjoyed serving this dip with some honey graham crackers.
Perfect for picky eaters
For both kids and adults, trying new and unfamiliar foods can feel intimidating. And, if you or your child is resistant to trying new fruits, this low-sugar yogurt fruit dip can help encourage them! Not only is it sweet and simple, but dips also just make foods more fun.
What dippers are best for a honey yogurt dip?
So obviously, this dip was designed with fruit dippers in mind, but that doesn’t mean it’s ONLY for fruit. There are plenty of delicious options that would pair wonderfully with this creamy dip!
- Fruit. The fresh tartness of strawberries, grapes, and other berries are perfect for this dip.
- Graham Crackers. The slightly sweet and crumbly texture of graham crackers goes also goes so well with this dip. You could even break them up and mix them in! Check out my Homemade Graham Cracker recipe for a delicious homemade alternative.
- Coconut Chips. If you wanted to add a tropical twist to this dip, coconut chips are an excellent option! They also have a great crunch that will pair nicely with this creamy dip. You can also make this Coconut Chips recipe yourself at home, and they’re SO easy!
- Pretzels. Pretzels are so crispy and are perfect if you’re looking for a salty-sweet treat!
Feel free to make this yogurt fruit dip your own with all kinds of other flavorings. You could try pumpkin pie spice for a fall-flavored treat, a bit of fruit preserves or jam, or even some finely diced fresh fruit. This dip is so simple that you can nearly add ANY of your favorite mix-ins!
Honey Yogurt Fruit Dip
- 1 cup Greek or regular plain yogurt, or yogurt of choice
- 2-3 Tbsp honey, to taste
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- Add all ingredients to a large bowl and mix well to combine.
- Serve with your favorite fruit and enjoy!
- Yields 1 cup yogurt fruit dip.