15 Minute Air Fryer Jerk Salmon Filets with Veggies
The air fryer is a terrific way to cook jerk-seasoned salmon filets and side veggies quickly because they cook together at the same time! The result is moist, crispy salmon for dinner and perfectly cooked veggies, all in just 15 minutes! Top with fresh mango salsa for a quick & easy air fryer-only dinner.
If you’re looking for air fryer dinner ideas, then look no further! Serve this Jamaican jerk salmon with mango salsa on top, and you’ve got an easy, breezy Caribbean dinner you’ll want to enjoy again and again. When that bright, zesty heat of the jerk seasoning meets the cook sweetness of the mango salsa, it’s a combo that can’t be beat!
Plus, cooking this Jamaican jerk salmon in the air fryer keeps things quick and CRISPY. Not only is the salmon perfectly moist and flavorful, but those veggies are genuinely irresistible. Deliciously tender asparagus with just enough crunch left in it, and unbelievably creamy baby potatoes with a salty, crisp skin. I could eat air fried baby potatoes all day every day!
Put it all together, and this is one of my all time favorite air fried salmon recipes. Healthy and light, oh-so-quick and simple, yet full of fun, complex flavors. Plus, loads of anti-inflammatory super-nutrients thanks to the salmon’s omega-3s! I’ll show you how to make jerk salmon in the air fryer WITH your veggies at the same time, along with my super simple mango salsa recipe to serve on top.
Jamaican Jerk Salmon Air Fryer Components
This air fryer jerk salmon recipe has 2 main components—3 total components if you’re going for maximum flavor and Caribbean flare.
- First, there are the veggies, which need to go into the air fryer first since they’ll take a bit longer to cook than the salmon. I’m going with asparagus and baby potatoes because they pair nicely with salmon AND they’re just plain delicious cooked in the air fryer. But, feel free to choose any vegetables you like.
- Then, there’s the Jamaican jerk salmon which I’m rubbing with my DIY jerk seasoning. Again, use any seasoning blend you like, come up with your own spice rub, or give mine a try!
- And last but not least, that cool, sweet, refreshing mango salsa. I like to add a bit of jalapeño for some heat, but you can seed your jalapeño if you prefer JUST the flavor without the heat.
The specific cuts of salmon I’m using are courtesy of MOWI salmon—a clean, sustainable farm raised salmon option that always tastes incredible, no matter how I cook it. And it’s super convenient because I can order it through Amazon! (Check out my Wild Caught Salmon vs Farm Raised blog post to learn more about the differences between salmon options.)
How to season salmon for the air fryer
To season salmon for air frying, measure all of the spices listed below into a small mason jar, then just cover and shake to mix it all together. I only need about 1 Tbsp for this air fryer jerk salmon recipe, so I just keep the rest stored in the jar until the next time I make it.
How to Make Jerk Salmon in the Air Fryer with Veggies
With our jerk seasoning at the ready, we can get started with the air fryer, preheated to 380°F (195°C). Since the Jamaican jerk salmon will only take a few minutes to cook, it’s best to start with the veggies—longer-cooking veggies going in first.
How long should I air fry my salmon for?
For me, the entire process of cooking this jerk salmon in the air fryer will take just 15 minutes, adding each component in stages:
- First, add potatoes and cook for 5 minutes.
- Then, add in asparagus and cook for 4 more minutes.
- Finally, add jerk salmon, place lemon slices on top, and cook for another 6 minutes.
So, to prep my veggies for the air fryer, I add the asparagus spears and baby potatoes into separate bowls, drizzle with oil, and toss with salt and pepper. I LOVE baby potatoes because I can cook them whole, so they turn out extra crispy on the outside! And asparagus is always delicious with salmon and so simple to prepare—just trim to fit the size of your air fryer basket.
As always, you’re welcome to pair your Jamaican jerk salmon with different veggies if you have other favorites! Just keep in mind that different veggies will require different amounts of time to cook, so stagger your cooking times appropriately.
To prep the salmon, simply brush each filet with a bit of oil, or you can skip the oil if you prefer a dry rub. What’s most important is sprinkling on that jerk seasoning, enough to coat each filet well! I use about 1 Tbsp or so between 2 filets. With all of my components seasoned, I just follow the stages outlined above, and dinner is ready in 15 minutes!
Air Fryer Jamaican Jerk Salmon and Veggies
Air Fryer Jerk Salmon
- 2 salmon filets
- 2 Tbsp DIY jerk seasoning, (below)
- drizzle of oil
- 2 lemons, sliced
DIY Jerk Seasoning
- 1 Tbsp garlic powder
- 1 Tbsp onion powder
- 2 tsp smoked paprika
- ½ tsp cumin
- 2 tsp dried parsley
- 2 tsp dried thyme
- 1 tsp ground allspice
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp ground nutmeg
- ½ tsp red pepper flakes
- ½ tsp cayenne, to taste
- 2 tsp salt
- ½ tsp black pepper
- 2 tsp coconut sugar
Air Fryer Veggies
- 1½ cups baby potatoes, whole
- 15 asparagus spears, cut to fit air fryer basket
- drizzle of oil
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
Serve Topped With:
- In a bowl or jar, combine all jerk seasonings and mix well to integrate. (Store in a jar to keep DIY spice rub for later use!)
- Brush each salmon filet with oil (optional). Sprinkle jerk seasoning onto each filet.
- To prepare veggies, add baby potatoes and asparagus spears into separate bowls. Drizzle each with oil and toss with seasonings to coat.
- Preheat air fryer to 380°F (195°C).
- Once preheated, add potatoes into air fryer and cook for 5 minutes.
- Next, add asparagus into air fryer and cook for 4 more minutes.
- Finally, place salmon into air fryer on top of asparagus, layering a few lemon slices on top of each filet. Cook for 6 more minutes. (If desired, you can turn down the heat slightly when cooking your salmon, depending on how you like it cooked.)
- While salmon cooks, prepare mango salsa. (See next recipe below.)
- Serve jerk salmon and veggies on a plate, top with mango salsa, and enjoy!
305 calories | 14g fat | 5g carbs | 3g fiber | 2g sugar | 37g protein Nutrition provided below for entire meal: jerk salmon filet + half of veggies.