Baked Oatmeal Cups | Breakfast Freezer Meal
Healthy Baked Oatmeal Cups – Easy Make Ahead Breakfast!
Not an overnight oats fan? Meal prep HOT oatmeal by freezing it in muffin tins! Then, in the mornings, simply reheat a few of your baked oatmeal cups on the stove or in the microwave. With different mix-ins and your favorite toppings, you can have a new breakfast each day! The ultimate make ahead breakfast with SO much room for variety.
3 Ingredient Baked Oatmeal Cups, Infinite Variety
Healthy meals don’t need to be complicated, expensive, or boring! I say this all the time because I believe it and know it to be true in my own life. And, these baked oatmeal cups are proof! With just 3 simple ingredients, you’ve got a ready-to-go oatmeal base for busy mornings. Then, jazz it up with mix-ins and toppings!
In fact, the simplicity of these baked oatmeal cups makes it easier to keep your breakfasts healthy. No added sugars or junk—just whole grain goodness. And, with naturally sweet toppings like ripe fruit or coconut flakes, you can still make your oatmeal sweet and satisfying! Use flavors and ingredients that YOU enjoy, and you can switch it up every day if you like.
Simple is Sustainable
Most importantly, simplicity keeps healthy meals sustainable. First of all, if a healthy breakfast is easy to prep and ready to go, you’re more likely to eat it! And, fewer ingredients means more money saved. To make these baked oatmeal cups, all you need are oats, salt, and water.
But, you probably already have salt, as well as water on tap. So, really, if you have oats at home, you don’t have to buy any ingredients! (Of course, besides any toppings you’d like.) Can breakfast meal prep get any easier?
For More Easy Vegetarian Meal Prep Ideas:
Check out my Meal Prep Recipes: Vegetarian Edition eBook!
Baked Oatmeal Cups
- 4 cups water
- 2 cups oats
- pinch of salt
Topping & Mix-In Ideas:
- sweet potato puree
- Bring water to a boil over high heat. Reduce to medium and add oats and salt. Cook for 5 mins, stirring occasionally.
- Spray muffin tin with cooking spray. Divide oats into cups.
- Cover with plastic wrap and freeze 4 hours to overnight.
- Once frozen, remove from tins and transfer to freezer bag or container.
To prepare and eat:
- Thaw in the fridge overnight, and microwave with a splash of milk for 30-second increments, stirring in between.
- Thaw overnight and heat over the stove, stirring.
- If you don’t thaw: microwave 30 seconds at a time, stirring in between. (Texture will be a bit different and will need more time in the microwave.)
- Add favorite toppings!
- Great to take on the go (in a jar) too!