Baked Broccoli Fritters | Low Carb & Vegan
Baked Broccoli Fritters – Paleo & Vegan LOW CARB Vegetable Fritters!
Pop these healthy baked broccoli fritters when they’re warm or cold, any time of day, ALL times of day. They’re so GOOD! And, despite being un-fried fritters, they’re impressively crispy. You’d never guess they’re dairy-free, low-carb, and the main ingredient is BROCCOLI!?!
For Low Carb Fritters, Broccoli > Breadcrumbs
Typically, fritters involve breadcrumbs or some other grain for crispness and to hold them together. But, to make low carb fritters, we have to ditch the grains. And, that’s where broccoli comes in! Thanks to the crumb-like texture of pulsed broccoli, these baked broccoli fritters are totally grain free.
Also, I’ve included a sneaky low carb baking ingredient: coconut flour! It’s key to giving these baked broccoli fritters their shape and a fluffy texture inside. But, they still become crave-ably crispy on the outside! Pretty impressive, especially considering these are baked broccoli fritters—not fried, or even pan-fried.
Vegan-ifyng your Baked Broccoli Fritters
Usually, fritters rely on eggs and butter as fat sources to bind them together. But, to keep my fritters vegan, I used 2 flax eggs instead of traditional eggs! They’ve got the right viscosity to keep your fritters from crumbling, and add a dose of fiber. And, rather than using butter as a fat source, I substituted with coconut oil.
Most importantly, these baked broccoli fritters make it plain EASY to fit your veggies in. With onion, garlic, and a tasty blend of seasonings thrown into the mix, they’re bursting with flavor! And, since the base is veggies and more veggies, it’s easy to keep these fritters low carb.
A vegan, low carb, veggie packed snack?! Baked broccoli fritters, for the win-win-win!
Tons of Deliciously Plant-Based Recipes, All in One Place:
For more recipes like these baked broccoli fritters, check out my 100+ Healthy Vegan Recipes eBook!
Baked Broccoli Fritters
- 2 flax eggs, 2 Tbsp ground flaxseed + ⅓ cup of water
- 3 cups broccoli florets
- ½ cups onion, chopped
- ¼ cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ cup coconut flour
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp ground cumin
- ½ tsp onion powder
- 2 Tbsp coconut oil
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C).
- In a bowl, whisk together ground flaxseed and water to create 2 flax eggs. Allow mixture to rest for 5 minutes to thicken.
- Add broccoli florets, onion, parsley, and garlic cloves to food processor. Pulse until crumbly like rice.
- Transfer to a bowl. Add flax egg, coconut flour, cumin, onion powder, salt, and coconut oil. Stir to combine and mix well into a dough.
- Form into patties. (I used a 4-teaspoon cookie scoop.) Add to a baking sheet lined with foil or parchment and lightly sprayed.
- Bake 30-35 minutes.
- Enjoy hot or cold with your favorite dipping sauce!
- Yields 22-24 baked broccoli fritters.