SUBSCRIBE for new videos! http://bit.ly/MindOverMunch
► Sweet potato casserole! In this episode of Mind Over Munch, Alyssia teaches you how to make a lighter version of her favorite thanksgiving dish, sweet potato casserole! Plus a few tips to stay fit and work out along the way… Be sure to check out mindovermunch.com ◄
1/4 cup corn flakes, crushed up
1 Tbsp chopped pecans
1 Tbsp oats
1 Tbsp oat flour
1 tsp brown sugar
1/4 tsp stevia (adjust to taste)
dash of salt
1 tsp coconut oil
1. Preheat oven to 325F.
2. Mix all ingredients for the sweet potato base together.
3. Spoon mixture into 4 personal casserole dishes/corning-wares that are sprayed with cooking spray.
4. Combine ingredients for crust (except marshmallows).
5. Top each casserole with 1/4 of the crust mixture, leaving room in your “design” for marshmallows if you wish. Spray tops with cooking spray.
6. Bake for 15 minutes, until crust begins to crisp and potatoes are heated through.
7. Remove from oven and CAREFULLY add a few marshmallows to casseroles (it will be HOT of course!).
8. Turn oven up to Broil.
9. Return to the oven/broiler for 3-5 minutes, until marshmallows are browned on top (keep an eye on these–they’ll burn quickly if you don’t watch!)
10. Devour warm! (allow the dish to cool slightly before serving to family and friends!)
This recipe yields 4 servings (4 personal pan casseroles).
NUTRITION per serving (1 personal pan casserole, including 10 marshmallows):