2 cups masa harina
1 cups water (plus more if necessary)
½ tsp salt
- Mix flour, water and salt together until a dough forms. Add 1-2 tablespoons of water to adjust consistency, if needed.
- Shape into balls and cover with a moist towel to prevent drying. (I made about 20 dough balls for mini corn tortillas, but you could make 12-14 dough balls for larger tortillas!)
- Flatten dough balls using a tortilla press, or try my tortilla press hack! Take a plastic zip-top bag, cut off the zip top, then cut along the 3 edges so you’re left with 2 square sheets of plastic. Tape one piece of plastic to the countertop, and one to a flat-bottom pot (or any flat surface will work). Place each dough ball onto the plastic sheet on the countertop, then press it flat using your flat-bottom pot. (A rolling pin would work just fine here if you prefer!)
- Carefully transfer to a plate and continue pressing the rest. (Keep your tortillas moist under a damp towel so they don’t dry out.)
- To cook, place one flattened tortilla onto an ungreased pan and heat for 30 seconds, flip for one minute, and then flip once more for 30 more seconds.
- Transfer cooked tortillas to a plate to cool and continue cooking remaining tortillas.
- They should be soft and pliable when done!
- Prep Time: 25 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Serving Size: 1 mini tortilla
- Calories: 40
- Sugar: 0
- Fat: 0
- Carbohydrates: 8
- Fiber: 1
- Protein: 1