Ingredients per 1 Meal Prep Lunch Bowl
~3 oz healthy sesame chicken (see earlier recipe)
1 cup cooked long-grain brown rice
1 cup sesame roasted broccoli
Components for Meal Prep Lunch Bowls
(for meal prepping 6 lunches/servings)
2 cups long-grain brown rice, uncooked
Sesame Roasted Broccoli
6 cups broccoli, florets
1-2 tsp sesame oil
1½ Tbsp coconut aminos (or soy sauce)
½ tsp garlic powder
¼ tsp salt (to taste – omit if using soy sauce)
1-2 Tbsp sesame seeds
To cook brown rice:
- Cook rice according to package directions.
- If you buy your rice in bulk and need a simple base recipe:
- Add rice to a pot along with 3 cups of water.
- Bring to a boil, uncovered. Stir once, reduce the heat to low, and simmer covered for about 40-50 minutes. Do not stir while cooking.
- Once cooked, allow rice to sit in covered pot for about 5 minutes, then fluff with a fork and serve or store as desired.
Yields ~6 cups cooked rice.
To cook sesame roasted broccoli:
- Preheat oven to 425°F (210°C).
- Add prepared broccoli florets to lined sheet pans. Drizzle with oil, add seasonings and sesame seeds, and toss to coat.
- Roast for 20-25 minutes.
- Serve immediately, or allow to cool before portioning and storing.
Yields 6 servings roasted broccoli.
To assemble sesame chicken meal prep bowls
- Combine cooked honey sesame chicken with brown rice and roasted broccoli in desired airtight containers.
- Store in the fridge up to 5 days.
Yields 6 healthy sesame chicken meal prep lunch bowls.