Healthy Potato Salad Recipe with Avocado Oil Mayo
Health-ify your old-school potato salad with a healthy mayonnaise option: avocado oil mayo!
You can check out my homemade avocado oil mayo recipe here, or feel free to use a store-bought brand. Or, you can of course make this recipe with any type of mayo that you prefer!
- Prep Time: 45 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 1 hour
- Yield: 12 servings
5 russet potatoes, peeled & cubed
5 boiled eggs, chopped
3 stalks celery, thinly sliced
⅓ cup relish
1 clove garlic, minced
3 Tbsp yellow mustard
½ tsp salt (to taste)
¼ tsp black pepper
1 cup avocado oil mayonnaise, or mayo of choice
- Add peeled and chopped potatoes to a large pot and cover with cold water. Bring to a boil, uncovered, and cook until potatoes are fork tender—about 10-15 minutes. Drain and allow to cool.
- If not using pre-boiled eggs, hard-boil eggs and allow to cool. (Learn my fool-proof method for hard-boiling eggs on the stove, or try hard-boiling eggs in the oven or toaster oven!)
- In the meantime, make avocado oil mayo—if desired, or if not using store-bought mayo! (Check out my homemade avocado oil mayo recipe here.)
- Once boiled eggs have cooled, peel and chop.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine cooked and cooled potatoes, boiled eggs, celery, relish and seasonings. Add avocado oil mayo and mix well to coat.
- Serve and enjoy immediately, or portion and store for later.
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge for 5-7 days.
Yields 10-12 cups potato salad, depending on size of potatoes.
- Serving Size: ¾ cup – 1 cup
- Calories: 282
- Sugar: 1g
- Fat: 22g
- Carbohydrates: 18g
- Fiber: 2g
- Protein: 5g