How to Make Homemade Breakfast Bars with 5 Ingredients
Oatmeal Breakfast Bars Base
⅔ cup almond butter
½ cup honey (or maple syrup, or agave)
1 Tbsp coconut oil
2 cup rolled oats
½ cup almond flour
½ tsp cinnamon
pinch of salt (depending on almond butter)
Optional Mix Ins: 1 cup
⅓ cup shredded coconut
⅓ cup pumpkin seeds
⅓ cup dried blueberries
(whatever you like—dried fruit, nuts, etc.)
- Line an 8x8” pan with parchment or foil.
- In a pot over medium heat, add almond butter, honey and coconut oil. Simmer until thickened and integrated, 2-3 minutes.
- Fold in oats, almond flour, cinnamon, salt, and mix-ins of choice. (I used shredded coconut, pumpkin seeds, and dried blueberries!)
- Transfer to prepared pan and press down. Refrigerate or freeze 1 hour.
- When set, slice into bars. Store in fridge or freezer until ready to eat.
Yields 12 breakfast bars.
- Method: Refrigerate 1 hour
- Serving Size: 1 breakfast bar
- Calories: 253
- Sugar: 15g
- Fat: 14g
- Carbohydrates: 29g
- Fiber: 4g
- Protein: 7g