This easy healthy meatloaf recipe is equal parts comforting AND nutritious! How to make a ground beef meatloaf or turkey meatloaf with vegetables & a ketchup glaze.
Homemade Meatloaf with Vegetables
1lb ground beef (or ground turkey, or pork)
1 egg, lightly beaten
¼ cup breadcrumbs (can use gluten-free, or ⅔ cup oats)
¾ cup onion, chopped finely
½ cup celery, chopped
½ cup carrots, shredded
½ cup peas, frozen or fresh
2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
2 tsp Dijon mustard
1 Tbsp fresh parsley
1 Tbsp chives
½ tsp garlic powder
1 tsp salt
¼ tsp pepper, to taste
Classic Ketchup Glaze
¼ cup ketchup
2 tsp brown or coconut sugar
1 tsp Dijon mustard
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C).
- Line an 8x4-inch loaf pan with foil and grease with cooking spray.
- Add all ingredients to a large bowl and mix well to integrate.
- Transfer to prepared loaf pan.
- Bake 40 minutes. Remove from oven, spread glaze on top, and return to cook for 10 more minutes. (When internal temperature reaches 160°F or 71°C, it’s ready!)
- Rest 10-15 minutes before slicing with a serrated knife.
- Serve warm (or cold) with your favorite sides and enjoy!
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to a week.
If you don’t like the vegetables I’ve chosen, feel free to substitute with 1½ cups of your favorite chopped/grated veggies!
Check out my air fryer meatloaf recipe for some ingredient inspiration if you’d like to change things up. Just follow the same procedure outlined above for cooking in the oven, rather than in the air fryer.
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Bake in oven
- Serving Size: 1 slice
- Calories: 169
- Sugar: 4g
- Fat: 9g
- Carbohydrates: 8g
- Fiber: 1g
- Protein: 13g
Keywords: healthy meatloaf recipe, easy healthy meatloaf, ground beef meatloaf, meatloaf in oven