Grain Free Paleo Breakfast Cookies
Coconut & Almond Flour Breakfast Cookies, a.k.a. Paleo ‘Oatmeal’ Cookies
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 14-16 minutes
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 40 cookies, 10 servings
Grain Free Paleo Breakfast Cookies Base Dough
¼ cup coconut flour
¼ cup almond flour
1 cup almond butter
½ cup dried apricots
1½ cups coconut shreds
1 cup applesauce
4 eggs (OR flax eggs)
1 tsp vanilla
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp cinnamon
½ tsp salt
½ cup dried figs, quartered
½ cup macadamia nuts, chopped
*Can use any dried fruit or nuts as mix-ins!
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C).
- Combine all ingredients in a food processor, except for dried figs and macadamia nuts. Blend for 30-60 seconds, until a thick wet dough forms.
- Add mix-ins and pulse a few times to integrate.
- Portion balls of dough onto a cookie sheet lined with parchment and sprayed. (I use a 1.5 Tbsp cookie scoop for easy portioning.) Press down on each dough ball with fingers to flatten and spread.
- Bake 14-16 minutes, until tops are golden and bottoms are browning. Will feel light, springy, and almost cakey to the touch.
- Allow to cool slightly before enjoying, or allow to cool completely before storing. Store in airtight containers in the fridge for 5-7 days.
- Or, you can also FREEZE your grain free Paleo breakfast cookies for up to a month! Store in the freezer as a large batch in a zip-top bag or an airtight container, or divide into individual portions so you only have to remove what you need from the freezer. (For freezer breakfast cookies, it’s helpful to separate layered/stacked cookies with cut pieces of parchment.)
- Reheat desired cookies in the microwave for about 1 minute, until soft and cakey again, or toast in the toaster oven. Enjoy!
Yields ~42 Paleo breakfast cookies.
Nutrition per 1 cookie:
91 calories | 7g fat | 6g carbs | 2g fiber | 3g sugars | 3g protein | 4g net carbs
Nutrition below provided per serving of 4 grain free Paleo breakfast cookies:
- Serving Size: 4 Paleo breakfast cookies
- Calories: 380
- Sugar: 12g
- Fat: 29g
- Carbohydrates: 24g
- Fiber: 8g
- Protein: 12g