Gluten Free Pita Bread Recipe
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 18 minutes
- Total Time: 38 minutes
- Yield: 10 servings, 18-20 mini pitas
2 cups gluten-free all-purpose flour
2 tsp baking powder
½ tsp baking soda
½ tsp salt
1 cup warm almond milk (or milk of choice)
1 Tbsp coconut oil
- Preheat oven to 400°F (200°C).
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk dry ingredients together.
- Add warm milk (heat in the microwave for 30 seconds) and coconut oil, then stir until integrated—but don’t over mix! Dough will be sticky, not dry, and should hold together.
- Sprinkle flour on a parchment-lined baking sheet. Scoop balls of dough (I used a 4-teaspoon cookie scoop to make mini pitas) and use oiled hands to press each ball into a circle. Don’t worry about making them perfect—let them be rustic!
- Transfer dough circles to baking sheet. Dough should be about ⅛-inch thick.
- Bake 10-14 minutes, until pitas are puffing up and slightly browning on the bottom. Flip and bake another 3-4 minutes.
- Allow to cool about 5 minutes before enjoying!
- Store in a zip-top bag or airtight container at room temperature for 5-7 days. In hotter or more humid climates, you may wan t to store in an airtight container in the fridge.
Yields ~18-20 mini gluten free pita breads (~3-inch diameter).
- Serving Size: 2 mini pitas
- Calories: 95
- Sugar: 0
- Fat: 2
- Carbohydrates: 19
- Fiber: 0
- Protein: 1