How to Make Strawberry Shortcake with Only 5 Ingredients
Easy Strawberry Shortcake Recipe
4 cups strawberries, quartered
⅓ cup Truvia® Sweet Complete™
1 cup self-rising flour
2 cups heavy cream
¼ tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 450°F (230°C).
- Toss strawberries and 3-4 Tbsp of Truvia® Sweet Complete™ in a bowl and set aside.
- In a separate bowl, combine flour and 1 Tablespoon of Truvia® Sweet Complete™.
- Add in ¾ cup of heavy cream, stirring with a wooden spoon until a lumpy dough forms. (Don’t overmix!) Shape into a ball, wrap in plastic, and refrigerate 5-10 minutes.
- Use a large cookie scoop to scoop out the dough into balls and transfer to a baking sheet lined with parchment and sprayed. Brush the tops with heavy cream and bake for 8-12 minutes.
- Whip up the rest of the heavy cream (~1 cup) using a hand or stand mixer, along with another 1 Tablespoon of Truvia® Sweet Complete and vanilla extract.
- Slice the biscuits in half, then top with strawberries and cream. Serve and enjoy!
Yields 6 strawberry shortcakes.