Dark Chocolate Quinoa Bark
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: 16 servings 1x
- Method: Refrigerate 2-4 hours
⅓ cup uncooked quinoa
8 oz chocolate of choice (milk, dark, dairy-free, etc.)
How to make puffed quinoa:
- Heat a wide nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Test a pinch of quinoa—if it pops within a few seconds, the skillet is ready! If not, let it heat up a bit more.
- Once skillet is hot enough, toss out any test quinoa. Sprinkle fresh quinoa onto skillet—just enough to cover the skillet in a single layer, but not too crowded.
- When quinoa begins to pop, lift and shake the skillet off the heat, and pour into a bowl.
- Repeat until you have ⅓ cup puffed quinoa or more, if desired. I like to puff a bit of extra quinoa to sprinkle on top!
- (You may burn some quinoa at first, but I recommend NOT using the burned quinoa in your chocolate bark! Properly puffed quinoa will taste best.)
To make dark chocolate quinoa bark:
- Melt chocolate in a bowl over a double boiler or in the microwave.
- Fold in puffed quinoa and spread over a sheet of parchment paper on a baking sheet until you have a layer about ¼-⅛ inch thick.
- Allow to firm up in the fridge, about 2-4 hours.
- Once set, break chocolate sheet into pieces with your hands!
*Use dairy-free chocolate for vegan chocolate bark.
**Nutrition provided for dark chocolate quinoa bark made with 60% dark chocolate, divided into 16 pieces. Exact values will vary slightly, depending on size of bark pieces.
- Serving Size: 1 piece
- Calories: 94
- Sugar: 6
- Fat: 6
- Carbohydrates: 10
- Fiber: 1
- Protein: 2