How to Pan Sear Salmon & Serve on Arugula Salad
Pan Seared Salmon
1 salmon filet (3-5 oz)
salt & pepper, to taste
1 Tbsp ghee
2 cups arugula
3 Tbsp red onion, thinly sliced
½ cup roasted butternut squash, cold
extra virgin olive oil, to taste
balsamic vinegar, to taste
½ lemon, cut into wedges
½ avocado, sliced
- Season salmon filet with salt and pepper.
- In a pan over medium heat, melt ghee. Place salmon filet into warm pan, skin side up.
- Allow to sear for about 2 minutes, then flip and continue to cook for another 2 minutes or so. (May need to cook 1-2 minutes longer for thicker salmon filets, or if you prefer your salmon more well-done.)
- To prepare salad, add arugula to a large bowl with sliced red onion and roasted butternut squash*.
- Drizzle salad with olive oil and balsamic vinegar, tossing to coat.
- Serve salad on a plate with salmon, lemon wedges, sliced avocado, a fried egg, or any other toppings you like.
To roast butternut squash:
- Season cubes with oil, salt and pepper, then roast at 425°F or 220°C for 20-30 minutes.
- Allow to cool and store before using in salad.
*Nutrition does not include optional topping ideas.
- Serving Size: 1 salad
- Calories: 429
- Sugar: 7g
- Fat: 32g
- Carbohydrates: 15g
- Fiber: 3g
- Protein: 23g