Garlic Cauliflower Fried Rice:
6 cups frozen cauliflower rice, thawed
1 tsp ghee (or oil)
½ cup diced onion
2 Tbsp chopped garlic
¼ cup vegetable broth
1-2 Tbsp coconut aminos (or soy sauce—just not while doing the Whole30!)
½ tsp garlic powder
½ tsp salt
drizzle of oil
4 cups butternut squash, spiralized noodles or cubes
salt & pepper, to taste
smoked paprika, to taste
Chicken Apple Sausage:
½ tsp ghee (or oil)
4 chicken apple sausages (Whole30 approved variety)
cooked cauliflower rice
sautéed squash noodles
1 box (6oz) fresh blueberries
To sauté butternut squash noodles:
- Heat oil in a pan over medium heat and add butternut squash noodles. Season to taste and sauté until tender.
- Or, if using butternut squash cubes: add cubes to a lined sheet pan. Toss with oil, salt, pepper, and paprika. Roast at 425°F (220°C) for 30 minutes.
To cook cauliflower fried rice:
- In a saucepan over medium heat, melt ghee. Add onion and garlic and sauté until tender, about 5 minutes.
- Add cauliflower rice and allow to soften, about 5 more minutes.
- Pour in vegetable broth and coconut aminos, season with garlic powder and salt, and stir to integrate.
- Cover and cook 8-10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until cooked through and liquid is gone.
To char chicken apple sausage:
- Slice chicken apple sausage into rounds and then halves.
- In a skillet over medium-high heat, melt a bit of ghee and add sausage.
- Cook over medium-high heat, turning sausage pieces after 1-2 minutes as they brown. Cook on both sides.
To assemble bowls:
- Mix prepared cauliflower rice, squash noodles, sausage, and blueberries.
- Distribute into meal prep containers and store for the week. (When ready to eat, I recommend serving with ½ of an avocado!)
Yields 4 servings.