How to make gluten free zucchini muffins with oat flour.
Banana Zucchini Muffins Batter
1½ cups oats
⅓ cup peanut butter (or nut/seed butter of choice)
¼ cup honey
1 tsp baking powder
½ tsp baking soda
½ tsp cinnamon
¼ tsp salt
⅓ cup chocolate chips
⅔ cup grated zucchini
⅓ cup chopped walnuts, optional
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C).
- Add all ingredients to a blender, except for mix ins, and blend until smooth. Stir in chocolate chips and grated zucchini.
- Portion batter into a greased muffin tray. (I use an ice cream scoop to help with portioning.) Sprinkle additional oats on top.
- Bake for 16-20 minutes, until a toothpick comes out clean. Allow to cool before removing from muffin tin.
- Store in a plastic bag or airtight container at room temperature for 5-7 days.
Yields 12 muffins
*For those who want to replace the eggs:
A member of this community, MJ, let us know that they made this recipe with 2 flax eggs instead of the eggs, baking the muffins for 30 minutes instead of 20. They said they turned out nice and moist!
- 1 flax egg = 1 Tbsp flaxseed meal + 2½ Tbsp water
- Mix to combine and let rest 5-10 minutes to thicken.
- Prepare TWO flax eggs for this recipe! (2 Tbsp flaxseed meal + ⅓ cup water.)
- Serving Size: 1 muffin
- Calories: 167
- Sugar: 13g
- Fat: 7g
- Carbohydrates: 23g
- Fiber: 3g
- Protein: 5g