Apple Pie Dip with Cinnamon Chips
Apple Pie Salsa and Cinnamon Sugar Tortillas
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Total Time: 50 minutes
- Yield: 12 servings (4 cups) 1x
Apple Pie Dip:
4 granny smith apples, peeled & finely diced
2 tsp lemon juice
⅔ cup coconut sugar
1 tsp cinnamon
¼ tsp nutmeg
pinch of salt
1 tsp vanilla extract
Cinnamon Sugar Tortilla Chips:
¼ cup sugar or sweetener of choice
1½ tsp cinnamon
5 whole-wheat tortillas (burrito size, ~10-inch diameter)
cooking spray (or melted butter/coconut oil)
To make Apple Pie Dip:
- Add everything except vanilla extract to a saucepan over medium heat.
- Cover and cook 30 minutes, until soft and fragrant.
- Add vanilla, stir to integrate, and remove from heat.
- Serve apple pie dip with cinnamon chips (see below) and enjoy!
Yields ~4 cups apple pie dip.
To make Cinnamon Sugar Tortilla Chips:
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C).
- Mix sugar and cinnamon together in a bowl.
- Cut tortillas into shapes with cookie cutter. (I was able to cut about 10 shapes out of each tortilla.)
- Transfer shapes to a wire baking rack on a parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Spray cut tortilla shapes with cooking spray and sprinkle on cinnamon sugar mixture.
- Bake 10-12 minutes, until crisp.
- Serve homemade cinnamon sugar tortilla chips with apple pie dip and enjoy!
Yields 10 servings, or ~40-50 cinnamon sugar tortilla chips. (Will depend on size of tortilla & size of chips.)
*Use gluten free tortillas for gluten free cinnamon sugar tortilla chips.
Cinnamon Sugar Tortilla Chips Nutrition:
Per serving (~4-5 chips), yields 10 servings (~40-50 chips)
104 calories | 2g fat | 18g carbs | 2g fiber | 6g sugars | 2g protein
Apple Pie Dip:
- Serving Size: ⅓ cup apple pie dip
- Calories: 66
- Sugar: 16
- Fat: 0
- Carbohydrates: 18
- Fiber: 0
- Protein: 0