A perfectly juicy, flavorful air fryer meatloaf recipe with plenty of veggies snuck into the mix! How to make meatloaf in an air fryer in under an hour.
Air Fryer Meatloaf
1lb ground beef (or ground turkey, or pork)
1 egg, lightly beaten
¼ cup breadcrumbs (can use gluten-free, or ⅔ cup oats)
¾ cup onion, chopped finely
1 small red bell pepper, chopped
½ cup mushrooms, chopped
½ cup zucchini, shredded
2 tsp yellow mustard
2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
1 Tbsp fresh thyme
1 Tbsp fresh rosemary
½ tsp garlic powder
1 tsp salt
pepper to taste
2-3 Tbsp ketchup
2-3 Tbsp balsamic
- Heat oil in a pan and saute onion & mushroom for 4-5 minutes.
- Add bell pepper and saute 2 minutes, then add zucchini and saute for 1 more minute. Remove from heat.
- Preheat air fryer to 380°F (195°C).
- Form sheets of foil into a shallow loaf-shaped ‘tray’ that will fit inside your air fryer to hold your meatloaf.
- In a large bowl, mix all meatloaf ingredients together with hands. Form mixture into a loaf shape that will fit inside your foil tray.
- Place loaf into foil tray and then place into preheated air fryer to cook for 30-35 minutes. Remove from air fryer, spread glaze on top, and cook another 10-15 minutes. (When internal temperature reaches 160°F or 71°C, it’s ready!)
- Rest 10-15 minutes before slicing with a serrated knife.
- Serve warm (or cold) and enjoy!
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to a week.
If you don’t like the vegetables I’ve chosen, feel free to substitute with 1½ cups of your favorite chopped/grated veggies!
For some ingredient inspiration & ideas for how to change things up, check out my healthy meatloaf recipe for the oven. You can still follow the same procedure outlined above for cooking in the air fryer, rather than in the oven.
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Air fryer
- Serving Size: 1 slice
- Calories: 163
- Sugar: 3g
- Fat: 9g
- Carbohydrates: 6g
- Fiber: 1g
- Protein: 12g
Keywords: air fryer meatloaf, meatloaf in air fryer, how to cook meatloaf in air fryer