These gluten free black bean brownies are deliciously cakey-yet-fudgy and totally flourless! How to make brownies with black beans, including a sugar free option.
Black Bean Brownies
1 can (15oz) black beans, drained & rinsed (~1¾ cup cooked beans)
½ cup cocoa powder
⅔ cup coconut sugar or stevia (or granulated sweetener of choice)
2 Tbsp nut butter (cashew, almond, peanut, etc.)
1 Tbsp melted coconut oil, or butter
1½ tsp baking powder
1 tsp vanilla
pinch of salt
3 Tbsp mini chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C).
- Add all ingredients (except for chocolate chips) into food processor. Blend until smooth.
- Pour batter into an 8-inch square pan lined and sprayed with cooking spray.
- Sprinkle chocolate chips on top, if desired.
- Bake 20-22 minutes, until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Allow to cool completely before removing from pan, slicing, and enjoying.
- Store in an airtight container or sealed bag at room temperature for up to a week.
Nutrition provided for gluten free black bean brownies made with coconut sugar, cashew butter, coconut oil, and chocolate chip topping.
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Bake in oven
- Serving Size: 1 brownie
- Calories: 108
- Sugar: 10g
- Fat: 4g
- Carbohydrates: 17g
- Fiber: 2g
- Protein: 4g
Keywords: gluten free black bean brownies, black bean brownies, black bean brownie recipe, healthy black bean brownies, how to make black bean brownies