Apples are in season, and they’re good for more than you’d think! Try out my savory stir fry that uses apples for a touch of sweetness!
- 8 oz
- can of
- chicken breast
- coconut oil
- garlic cloves
- water chestnuts
- black pepper
- soy sauce
- sesame oil
- Combine broth, soy sauce, ground ginger and sesame oil for sauce. Set aside.
- In a large saucepan, add coconut oil, followed by onion, carrots, & garlic. Sauté over medium high heat until onions are translucent, about 3-5 minutes. Then add in cubed chicken.
- Once chicken is mostly cooked through, 5-7 minutes, add in chopped apples.
- Stir in the sauce and allow it to come a boil, then allow to simmer 5-10 minutes until thickened.
- Last, add water chestnuts. Allow to saute for another minute before serving and enjoy! Yum!
Serving: 1 serving yields 4 servings