Crockpot turkey with veggies, pineapple chunks, and Asian-inspired flavors.
2 lbs (900g) ground turkey
1 bag (10 oz, 284g) shaved Brussels sprouts
8 oz (225g) sliced mushrooms
1 red bell pepper, diced
2 carrots, grated
1 onion, diced
1 can (8 oz, 225g) sliced water chestnuts, drained
4 cloves garlic, minced
½ cup (120 mL) broth
½ cup (120 mL) pineapple juice
3 Tbsp soy sauce or coconut aminos
3 Tbsp ketchup
1 can (8 oz, 225g) pineapple chunks
1 can (8 oz, 225g) pineapple crushed
2 tsp sriracha, optional
salt, to taste (may not need with soy sauce)
- Add all ingredients to your slow cooker.
- Break up the meat using a wooden spoon so it cooks through evenly.
- Cover and cook over low heat for 6 hours.
- Make sure meat is broken up and integrated well.
- Serve with lettuce wraps or on a salad. Sprinkle with sesame seeds and enjoy!
- Yields 8 cups.
*For Paleo & Whole30 meals, be sure to use approved condiments & flavorings!
- Serving Size: 1½ cups
- Calories: 355
- Fat: 12g
- Carbohydrates: 30g
- Protein: 32g